Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for something other than a plain voltmeter to be able to check the "battery condition" on the bike at any time. I came across this on ebay and was wondering if anyone had any 1st hand experience with this particular unit?

eBay item number: 200804886144
$6.99/free shipping

thanks in advance, Charlie
'93 project in progress

·
Registered
8,311 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info about the unit that you have.

I'm intrigued by the claimed "alternator load testing" ability of the unit that I found. It would be awesome if it actually did warn you of impending alternator/stator failure BEFORE it was DOA. For $6.99 I may just buy one and see if it's worth it.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Thanks for the info about the unit that you have.

I'm intrigued by the claimed "alternator load testing" ability of the unit that I found. It would be awesome if it actually did warn you of impending alternator/stator failure BEFORE it was DOA. For $6.99 I may just buy one and see if it's worth it.
Personally, for that price, I have doubts about the product and it's capabilities....I will not waste time or money.

:smiley_th

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
I kinda doubt a unit like that could load test the charging system, or even a battery. Too much heat involved. I suspect the condition levels are rated by volts alone, not amps.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It looks like a simple volt meter to me... it'll tell you if you have charge in the battery... an alternator load tester will have the ability to simulate electrical load on the system to simulate operating conditions... it'll usually also show how many amps of current the alternator is outputting...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts