Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I didnt take the advice of many of you on this forum about replacing the battery with a MF. I decided to remove my 2 month old V/H Cruzers and put the stock exhaust back on. Well, when I removed the left pipe I noticed that the chrome closest to the rear tire was all etched with battery acid from midway to the end of the exhaust. Dont I feel like the ASS.
One consulation is that you cant see the etching unless you get under the bike and look. Needless to say, I went out and bought a MF today so the stock system doesnt end up looking like my V/H.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea,, baffles in,, I never did take them out. Back in the 70's I used to run my KZ1000, which was worked, with an open pipe 4 into 1 Muzzy exhaust. The Muzzy wasnt as loud as the V/H

·
Registered
553 Posts
I wonder if a guy was to put more packing around the baffles it would quiet it down some.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would prob help, I never thought about it until you mentioned it. Now that I have to stock exhaust back on,, I guess ill have to move the R/R.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
cegodsey said:
Yeah, packing helps, but only if it's the right stuff. I tried it with slices of uncooked roast, and while that smelled pretty good for a while, it started smelling more like burned flesh after an hour or so. If I ever do it again, I'm going to use a better packing material, such as radishes.
You should also try filling your battery with gravy. then when your done we can eat!!!

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
What? Are you serious? That would ruin a battery! Sometimes I wonder about you, Hizzo the 3rd.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
cegodsey said:
What? Are you serious? That would ruin a battery! Sometimes I wonder about you, Hizzo the 3rd.
cegodsey, i was wondering how that rear construction that came of a Goldwing works for you on your vulcan? are you being thrown around at the freeway more now? or maybe on the contrary, you have more traction at the rear wheel? :beerchug:

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
It may be from a goldwing type vehicle, but it's all carbon fiber. Not much weight. And with the new fairing (not shown), and Magna V65 engine (also not shown), it's like a dream!

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
does it come with NOS and a back wing the size of a sheet of posterboard? Maybe some neons, and of course lets not for get the TECHNO!!!!

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
:rolleyes: Geez Hizzo the third, where do you get this stuff? (the wing is built into the trunk, and only pops up at speeds above 45)

·
Geek
872 Posts
and only pops up at speeds above 45
-------------------------------------:motorcycl
Isn't that in first gear ?

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
First and a half.

Talk about hijacking a thread!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts