Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm replacing my grips and why I'm at it I'm thinking about putting a barsnake in the handlebar - either the rubber or liquid type. My thumb goes numb sometimes and I'm hoping this will help.

Has anyone tried a barsnake? Liquid or solid version?

Does the VN750 handlebar have wires/cables inside?

Thanks! Mark

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I don't think there are any wires but at least one (if not both) switch clam shell has a "pin" for an index hole in the handle bars. You would want to at least take off the switch clam shells and put tape over the index hole(s) if you are going to use the liquid version. If the liquid version doesn't harden, then you will have to figure out some way to seal up the hole or use the solid version.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mark, I replaced my grips with the Kuryakyn Iso model 6241, and have had no more trouble with my hand getting numb. (they look nice too)
Perry

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I just got the same grips but haven't installed them yet. Should get to that this weekend.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I installed a bar snake a few weeks ago. Worked like a champ. I didnt even have to snake the pull wire through the bars, I just soaped up the head of the bar snake with dish soap and as you slide it in, you just keep turning the bar snake. Kinda screw it in as your pushing. Like I said, works great but a pretty steep price for a peice of rubber

1 - 6 of 6 Posts