Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a great bag to go on the back of our vulcan? I still have the factory seat and back rest on mine. Thanks in advance. Ilove this new site.

Greg Taylor
Kentucky

·
Registered
5 Posts

It's just to recomend the shape and size. My bag is hand-maded, about 9-10 liters, but it is:
  • big enough for instruments and bottle of beer
  • small enough for other sfuff 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greg:

I recently bought one of the T-Bag Universal Expandable for my bike. While it's best to have a luggage rack to use it, you can also use the passenger's seat if you're riding one-up.

http://www.t-bags.com/

Keith (up here in Lexington . . .)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Keith,
Thanks for the feedback. I looked at the texan they have and tried to order it and they no longer have them. I loved that bag. I think I found one on JC Whitney site that I might get from Dowco. I am in Pikeville, Ky. I come to lexington alot, the company i work for has several stores there in town. Thanks for letting me know about your bag and where you are, maybe meet sometime in lex.

Greg

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just got a T-Bag "Universal Glove Bag" and it fits perectly between my the oprtional tall Kaw sissy bar and my Pro-Tac backrest. I could also reverse it and it would sit perfectly on my Kaw luggage rack. It's great for rides when the temps warm up when you need to store a sweat shirt and cold weather gloves and also have room left over for for misc stuff like shades, maps, rain gear. It also has zippered pockets and a built in rain cover. It's black and looks great because it blends in so well it doesn't stand out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Keith in KY said:
Greg:

I recently bought one of the T-Bag Universal Expandable for my bike. While it's best to have a luggage rack to use it, you can also use the passenger's seat if you're riding one-up.

http://www.t-bags.com/

Keith (up here in Lexington . . .)
Thanks for posting the site! I suppose that huge bag won't stay on without the backrest, but there's quite a selection!

On that note, any suggestons on picking up a luggage rack for a bit less than Kawi's $90+? Or is someone looking to part with theirs (although I wouldn't know why ;) ) It seems you end up paying more on eBay nowadays 'cause bidders don't do their homework. :?

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
UncleGomer said:
www.bikercom.com has them (highway Hawk brand) for about $60 plus shipping (which is a bit high, since they are in Spain)

http://tinyurl.com/2vyo5
With shipping its $75, still $15 less than the Kaw site. OTOH someone's got a luggage rack for the 750 on eBay that is the xxxxxA model as opposed to the xxxxxB model..... anyone have any experience with the 'A' model? From the pics, it looks like it could be a bit longer, but that's hard to tell.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Re: Luggage Rack (was Bag for back of bike)

borisow said:
With shipping its $75, still $15 less than the Kaw site.
I haven't done it yet but the concensus among users is to wait and combine orders from bikercom to save on shipping (actually same advice given about ron ayers!). When my CLAP fund gets replenished, I'm looking at 2 or 3 things from bikercom.

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts

If we are going to do this let me know and I'll check to see if there is anything I want from bikercom.com too.

Thanks
RB

UncleGomer said:
I haven't done it yet but the concensus among users is to wait and combine orders from bikercom to save on shipping ... snip..

·
Registered
157 Posts

Will do. Won't be until after Ky Lake when I can replenish my CLAP fund!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old, but here's a shot...
do any of the rear-rack bages from tbags attach well to the
stock semi-backrest of the 750 ? ie, with no attached sissie?

tia,
adam

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the Lazy Rider barrel bag on the back of mine. I originally got it to go on the passenger seat and have it double as a backrest, but its too large and pushed me too far forward. I now have it mounted on the F&S luggage rack, with the tool box removed. The included bungies hold it fairly well, but I have added a couple more bungies to hold it better. You can see it in the saddlebags album I posted in
http://photos.yahoo.com/krustyoldphart

·
Registered
5 Posts
dennisinmd said:
I have the Lazy Rider barrel bag on the back of mine. I originally got it to go on the passenger seat and have it double as a backrest, but its too large and pushed me too far forward. I now have it mounted on the F&S luggage rack, with the tool box removed.
Thanks Dennis. I'm planning on taking my first trip with the bike ( just a weekend one) and am trying to rush through getting some packing space.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts