Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drilled my baffles the other day but I think removing them would sound better but have to pass new jersey state inspection.When the tack welds are broken can they be slipped back on and does anyone have any video on removing the goat Thanks:rockon:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm thinking of drilling my baffles tomorrow but can't make up my mind. I tend to hesitate with things that are permanent. I've watched the before and after videos that I found on the forums, but I still can't decide. Does it really sound that much different than stock? How much louder is it?

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
I think sound wise you should remove the goats belly before drilling the baffles. Doing both would be fairly loud in my book...(But then I really hate loud bikes)

I do not remember a video on removing the GB but am sure there is a write up on what you need to do and what you need to buy..

I also do suggest still having some kind of crossover tube between the two pipes..but that's your call too...

KM

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
False,its sounds considerably better but not too loud.I dont think its bad enough to wake neighbors or annoy you while driving:rockon:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just drilled 4 holes in each baffle. What a difference. I don't think I am going to go for any more though. That is probably about as loud as I would like to get.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I finally drilled mine, and honestly sitting on the bike, I only notice a little difference. Standing behind, I can hear it better. Got the pipes to degoat, so we'll see how it is then. It won't be as loud as a few trucks in the neighborhood, so I'm not too worried about what they think around me.

·
yacovi99
24 Posts
So I have two questions....

1) if I drill 4 holes in each baffle do you place them at 12-3-6-9?? Leaving room for additional holes at 2-4-8-10?

2) Will the bike pass inspection in PA in and pass emissions testing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts