Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, need a widdle help here. I have two pics here of my exhaust on the 1985 Vulcan 700. The pipes are totally stock as far as i know. Am i correct in assuming that you just mark for holes and drill thru the back opening of the baffles plate to get a deeper sounding pipes?

THANKS !

·
Glenn C.
1,627 Posts
Get a hole saw, 1" 3/4" i think, get a highspeed drill and drill/cut them out.
You are going to need vice grips and a dremel tool or air grinder, to grind down the weld spots on the inside.

What i did was cut the baffles out, then push them further inside a bit, so you can get access to the weld spots and grind them down. Then I had to grab the rim of the baffle and twist and pull, it took a good 15min of pulling and twisting to get one baffle out. It's not easy, by any means.

Use a little cutting/drilling oil for lubrication when using the hole saw to cut the baffles, it will smoke and get hot, try not to break any teeth on the hole saw.

Hope that helps.

I removed my baffles the same day I did a spline lube, was an all day thing.

Peace

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think you are just wanting to drill them, not remove them right? Inside of the pipe in the flat ring around the actual exhaust just drill about six 1/4 or maybe 5/6 holes equally spaced around the pipe. It will sound a little deeper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts