Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?, Has anyone ever removed the baffles from the stock pipes on your 2003 VN750? If so how did it sound and was it a difficult process? I'am wanting a little more sound out of mine but am not sure if removing any baffles would do the trick? I like the V&H aftermarket exhaust but do not want to put all that money into it right now. Any info would be GREAT! THANKS

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
HAve you removed the goat belly? That helps alot, I have removed the inner screen from mine when I did the Goat. From the inside you can drill out the screen it allowa straight flow and sounds like the V&H but cheeper to do. When you remove the muffler look in the motor side of the pipe you will see the screen about 6 intches in, use a drill and open the holes so they touch and the screen will be able to be removed.
Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Beavis had removed the Goats belly and removed the baffles (which is at the very end of the pipe) and thought it was too loud. He ended up welding them back in.

KENSDAD said:
?, Has anyone ever removed the baffles from the stock pipes on your 2003 VN750? If so how did it sound and was it a difficult process? I'am wanting a little more sound out of mine but am not sure if removing any baffles would do the trick? I like the V&H aftermarket exhaust but do not want to put all that money into it right now. Any info would be GREAT! THANKS

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
The Goats Belly is the pre muffler that is under the bike between the pipes right above the center stand. There is a couple of ways to remove it, Scottworks sells a kit for about $60 or there is a way to do it with flex tube and clamps.
Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts