Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got wires and extended my coil wires to my top coil and it fired correctly. But the bottom coil doesn't. Is there anything else just shy of getting another coil to make it have a stronger fire. I have done the coil mod.

Is there a ground on this coil

Grace and Peace to you!

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
I am sorry I am lost. Okay.

Are we talking about a Vulcan 750? There are not top/bottom ignition coils on a VN. There are top and bottom spark plug wires on each coil.

The ignition coils are grounded when bolted, or are you talking about triggering the coil to fire the plugs?

edit-It may just be me.

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
Probably the easiest way to check the coils on a 2 cylinder waste spark motorcycle, is to swap the coils. If the symptoms are reversed (to the other cylinder), the coil is bad. If the symptoms do not change at all, it is something else.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry for the confusion. When I meant top/bottom coil, I meant the front cylinder coil and the rear one. The front one is on top of the bike near the base of the handlebars and the bottom one is attached to the battery box, thus top and bottom.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
the ignition coils ground out through the frame, if you have no spark on the rear coil, check that your pulsator coil wires have continuity,

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pardon my ignorance but what is a pulsater coil wires. I know a lot about bikes but the ones I mostly worked on was 1980 and back 2 or 4 cylinder Honda's. This new stuff is new to me.

Grace and Peace to you!
Richard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts