1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
For only $10 more you can get the Stebils that run at 129dB's.

·
Adventuregeek
162 Posts
CAUTION: I was going to buy one of these (Stebel, Bad Boy are the same horn, I believe). However, I've found a lot of (non VN750) forum posts where they've died, most within a few months. WebBikeWorld ordered two to test for product reviews: one was DOA, the other gave two or three blasts and died. Not good. They also like to fall off, since there's only the one stud to mount a big horn.

They don't ALL die, but they seem to have a poor reliability record. It was enough to scare me away... I want the horn to be there when I need it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a Bad Boy Chrome on my bike. Pics in the gallery. Had it for a year with out fail. Got mine at www.loudhornguy.com for $39.99 plus shipping. Ended up at about $46. If you do get one, you must use the relay that is included.

·
Redneck on a rice burner
179 Posts
Stebel Horns ROCK !!

:rockon:I've had the Stebel horns on my bike for 4 yrs now.Never faided me once,but have saved my ass dozens of times! VERY LOUD !! I LOVE'EM !!:rockon:

·
Kawika
441 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
i also have the stebel, about 5 months. love it, no problem. save me a few times also...scares the hell out of the cagers. there not expecting a sound like that from a bike.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought the Stebel dual TM80 magnum horns. They're rated at 139dB and fit where the stock horns were. I was also concerned about the bad press the air horns got. These are totally electric and LOUD.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, thanks for the input. Real world testing is always better than a mfg. claim.

DT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts