Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m just now seeing this. Reviving an old thread here! Going to give the back blow a try this weekend. Can it be done with a compressor? If so, what PSI do you all recommend? Also need to check the petcock. Not sure it is functioning as it should. Any advice on how to check it’s functionalitg?

·
Registered
22 Posts
May sound stupid here, but this is what this forum of for. The experienced to help out the ill-experienced!

Could I test the petcock using your method, but leave the drains open on the carbs? My thinking...I’d save time by leaving the two fuel lines from tank on carb but I’d pull the vacuum line (center hose) off at carb end, use syringe to pull vacuum on petcock. Gas would flow into carbs but drain out as they filled almost as a flush. Am I thinking correctly, or will I lose fuel out of the open vacuum port on the carbs as it filled up?

·
Registered
22 Posts
May sound stupid here, but this is what this forum of for. The experienced to help out the ill-experienced!

Could I test the petcock using your method, but leave the drains open on the carbs? My thinking...I’d save time by leaving the two fuel lines from tank on carb but I’d pull the vacuum line (center hose) off at carb end, use syringe to pull vacuum on petcock. Gas would flow into carbs but drain out as they filled almost as a flush. Am I thinking correctly, or will I lose fuel out of the open vacuum port on the carbs as it filled up?
I have always tested my petcock with the tank off the bike and that's what I was seeing in my head as I was describing it to you.

I see no reason why you couldn't test it thru the carb drain.

I strongly recommend that you use a drain hose into a container. A puddle on the floor produces a lot of fumes which could be accidently ignited. I know a guy who was badly burned and missing an arm from fumes igniting in a closed shop.

You could do one carb at a time.
Well. I was able to drain the carbs. Looked like Mountain Dew coming outta there so I know I need a good cleaning. Also I was able to test the petcock. Seems to be functioning with vacuum. The right right side carb seemed to flow faster that the left side, but they both were getting fuel. Next step is to fill carb with seafoam. I investigated this today and it seems very difficult to get to these hoses with the tank on so i am going to get the tank off so that I can do the Seamfoam soaking and then the blowback a coup times. No hurry as the weather here in PA is changing. How long is too long to let seafoam sit in the carbs? Can I put it in and wait a week or should I drain it the next day or two?

I sure hope this blowback trick solves my problems. The color of the fuel that came out has me concerned!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts