Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is there any problems swapping the bikes original back wheel with a replacement one from another vn750.

I can't see any but thought I'd ask incase there's something I've overlooked.

Thinking of getting a spare to polish and paint and see if I like the difference while still being able to use the bike.

Cheers, Trace.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Other than the color, should all be the same.

Jon

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, just got one 2 mins. ago on best offer from ebay for £47 ($71) that's including postage!

Cheers, Trace.

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
I swapped one out when I was super noob. It was really easy. Thinking about painting the old one and putting a new tire on it and swapping them back. Will make a thread about it if I do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Krebsne,

I think I put the question across badly, I wasn't asking about the difficulty of removing and replacing the wheel (which I have done many times) I meant if there were any technical issues with the final drive and using a wheel that maybe a lot different in age.

Thanks for replying anyway.

Cheers, Trace.

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
I didn't have any problems. I think they are all the same. I bet if they didn't work you'd know because they wouldn't go together. I mean you'd have to have a dimension issue or something, right? Something in the new wheel bigger or smaller than the counterpart in the old wheel.

Most the used wheels I see on eBay and such don't even mention the year, so I figure it's irrelevant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts