Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bobber Junkie
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of 7/24/2013, I am OFFICIALLY rehabilitated and back on my Vulcan! I rode her 10 miles; not much in the grand scheme of things, but it's a start!

So, who wants to ride? Hit me up! I NEED to get my boots in the breeze again!

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Hey congrats! I always love to see someone get back up and try again. Hope you have a lot more rides this season!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If you can make it to Alabama by tomorrow morning we have a ride planned.....:pepper:CONGRADS:pepper:...... now get off of here and on to the bike. It needs some miles put on the odometer:rockon:

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Welcome back! I'm part of a group ride heading out of Irvine, through Santiago Canyon/Live Oak to Dana Point Sunday @ 10:00AM. Let me know if you want to ride all the way over here for it. :)

·
Bobber Junkie
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody! It has been soooo long. Far too long. They told me I should have lost my leg, that I'd never run or do certain parts of my martial arts again and that I might not be able to shift gears on the bike. I've done most of the above in the past two weeks and what I can't do yet, I'm getting there! Most of the time now, I don't even limp when I walk. I still need to work on my muscle mass in that leg, but I've been trying to walk a mile anywhere from three days a week to every day, and that's doing some good. I'm back to work in a VERY part-time capacity and gonna start looking for something a little more full-time soon.

Hmmm...Irvine you say, Tanner? Lemme throw it by Doomsday and see if he thinks his monster would make it! If so, I'm pretty sure we'd both love to go, hehe!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...Very cool....verrrrrrry cool !.....

Ya know, theres some that go down, then dont get back up (head wise)....you beat em....I like that....:smiley_th ....shows character...

·
Bobber Junkie
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Wolfie! That has me grinnin' like an idiot, hehe! Simply put, but it made my day! :rockon:

I'm doing some long-overdue maintenance on her on Sunday. No long rides till she's back in fighting shape, but that'll give me time to get to know her again.

But getting back in that saddle...it was almost like I never left, and that year and a half just fell away, haha!

·
Bobber Junkie
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks kc! I most definitely will! :D

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Thanks Wolfie! That has me grinnin' like an idiot, hehe!
Well good...this old fart finally succeeded in something w/o pissing somebody off, lol.....

"We're all in the wind, under the skin".....

·
Bobber Junkie
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome image, Wolfie! And indeed, we are. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts