Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mid-50s in SW Ohio today. I haven't ridden my bike since rotator-cuff surgery in late October. I couldn't resist it. After work I pulled off the cover. Inflated the tires. Took off the trickle charge. Cranked it a few times. Then a few more. Then wham. Took it out for 20 miles, including a few at 70 mph just to get the oil nice and hot. It felt great. The bike. The shoulder will feel better in another month or so! Still, it'll be a little warmer tomorrow. So... commuting to work on 2 wheels! I'm calling it physical therapy. :smiley_th

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
I know how you feel. I had open heart surgery last September and every time I passed through my garage I would look longingly at my bike and pat her saddle. Just give yourself time to get up to full strength again. I didn't get on her again until I was totally pain free and I knew I could lift her up in case the need arose. Can't think of a worse situation than standing helpless over a down bike. Be careful.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
That's great you got out for a ride. It's great your felling better too! Maybe you might feel like swinging over for the poker run in the hills this spring. Come for the day! You're close enough. :)

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spring Poker Run - Hocking Hills

That's great you got out for a ride. It's great your felling better too! Maybe you might feel like swinging over for the poker run in the hills this spring. Come for the day! You're close enough. :)
If my memory serves me, the Poker Run is Saturday, May 19. That actually might work for me... I don't have to preach that next day! :smiley_th I might be able to come out Friday and return home in the evening on Saturday.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
That is great to hear you are back in the saddle EZ-C.
I hope I`m in the same position in a few months. :smiley_th

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm calling it MENTAL therapy. :smiley_th
I fixed it for you:smiley_th I'm glad you were able to enjoy a ride again.
I've been riding mine all winter so far, just have to pick the right days. It was weird riding to work this morning, 48° felt like I didn't even need the leather.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Congrats man. That's awesome!!!!! I rode today and the weather was amazing !

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
WOO HOO! EZ-C rides again! :smiley_th

If my memory serves me, the Poker Run is Saturday, May 19. That actually might work for me... I don't have to preach that next day! :smiley_th I might be able to come out Friday and return home in the evening on Saturday.
yup. that's right. Saturday, May 19. hope to see you there! :smiley_th

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
60 today here in NY State and I'm in the middle of replacing the stator, really sucks I wanna ride!!! Glad you were able to get out!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Man your are really getting to me with all this ride talk. Just might take her out too! Glad to hear you felt like getting out and the shoulder is doing well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts