Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 94 vn 750 have Replaced the stator. l put bike back together did spark test to ground front coils spark great, back coil no spark. I taken small Screwdriver to frame and I get spark every time but with spark plug no spark, But every once in a while it will spark. Took test light and tested green wire going to coil and flashes as is getting power. Took black wire from front coil attached to back coil and spark !! Coil works fine. I've Omed tested everything by manual all looks good. Cannot figure why back coil not firing right. Any ideas?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Check wire connections from ignition coils (left side of engine where the V comes together) and connections to the ignition brainbox (CDI, I think it's called?)

If the coil, wire, and plug is truly good, these are about the only things upstream of it that will control whether a spark happens or not AFAIK. Somebody with more experience on the electrical of these bikes should chime in soon...

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Have you ohm tested the pickup coils?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have I been working on today thinking is that plug. It has been broke a part. The r/b and the b/w wire leads for the plug is open. Got replace or I might Solder together. I did get to fire but she Revved up to like 10000 rpms quick, like as soon as she started. Had shut her down but she sounded strong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts