Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
Hmmm......this was written/published/posted on July 8, 2018! the last line is " It’s got character, it’s got style, and it stands out, all of which are things that riders are actively looking for. It’s an easy pick, and we don’t see the Vulcan 750 disappearing off the road any time soon.

interesting, considering the Kawasaki Vulcan 750 had, at that time, been out of production for 12 years!

yes, all in all, it's a great write up and all true. way cool find LP. thank you for sharing it. :smiley_th:rockon:

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Most comfortable? Man I dunno.

Sales numbers? I guess it helps with parts.

I feel like the writer missed most of the great points, but low maint. costs, and styling I'll agree with.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Hmmm......this was written/published/posted on July 8, 2018! the last line is " It’s got character, it’s got style, and it stands out, all of which are things that riders are actively looking for. It’s an easy pick, and we don’t see the Vulcan 750 disappearing off the road any time soon.

interesting, considering the Kawasaki Vulcan 750 had, at that time, been out of production for 12 years!

yes, all in all, it's a great write up and all true. way cool find LP. thank you for sharing it. :smiley_th:rockon:
I personally try to blend in.... Yeah and I'm a fookin' duck. Meow meow meow meow meow meow

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks for the post!

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
That's a 1996? It's exactly the same color as my 1997. Mine has a couple thousand fewer miles on it, but is in way better cosmetic condition. It has a lot less rust and corrosion than that one. It came missing both swingarm covers, but I took the ones from my 2002 and put on it. The Vulcan 750 has a lot going for it, depending on what you want to use it for. If you actually want to ride it as a long distance solo tourer, it has the power, smoothness, and most comfortable seat ever put on a motorcycle, which makes long distance riding easy. I strap a rolled up sleeping bag to the back part of the seat for a backrest. Since getting my 1997 on the road, I have worked my way up to 400+ miles in one day, but spent the next day in bed (I am 61 and have a lot of disabilities)

However, if you want a short distance cruiser, the Harley Sportster 1200 is the way to go. It has the right sound (with an aftermarket exhaust) and the right feel. It is an exhilarating ride, and the most fun bike I have ever ridden. But the qualities that make it such a fun short distance ride actually take away from it's long distance capabilities. Mine has one of those thinly padded seats, mid controls, the wrong bar shape and height, and the noise starts to get tiring after a couple hours at 75 mph on the freeway.

I almost didn't wind up with a Vulcan 750. I started out in 1993 to buy a Yamaha Virago 750, but found a new Vulcan 750 for $500 less, which was a big deal to me in 1993. The Virago 750 and 1100 are both also very comfortable bikes for long rides. I had the chance to put a couple hundred miles on a 1996 Virago 1100, and it compares favorably with the Vulcan 750, while being a LOT less complicated. Still, after 3 Vulcan 750s, I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I almost didn't wind up with a Vulcan 750. I started out in 1993 to buy a Yamaha Virago 750, but found a new Vulcan 750 for $500 less, which was a big deal to me in 1993. The Virago 750 and 1100 are both also very comfortable bikes for long rides.
A 1984 Virago 750 was my first new bike! I had a lot of fun on it and even brought it back when I graduated college.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts