Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my new venoms arrived tonight so I think I may have a go at putting them on myself this weekend if my new valves and balance weights arrive, can't be that hard I used to do my own car tyres without to much trouble, will do splines at the same time and then I will be able to take it out for a decent test run,(Hope it don't break down on me) :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I have run on the Venom for about a year and have been pleased with them. Have you considered Ride on tire sealant? It also balances the tires, eliminating the need for wheel weights, which I consider unsightly. I tried it las year on my Valkyrie and have been happy so far. I have not experinced any punctures that I know of so far, and cannot speak to the puncture sealing capabilities yet.

Hope you enjoy the new tires.
Bronson

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have run on the Venom for about a year and have been pleased with them. Have you considered Ride on tire sealant? It also balances the tires, eliminating the need for wheel weights, which I consider unsightly. I tried it las year on my Valkyrie and have been happy so far. I have not experinced any punctures that I know of so far, and cannot speak to the puncture sealing capabilities yet.

Hope you enjoy the new tires.
Bronson
Hi Bronson
Yeah I run a Yam FZS1000 and it has tire seal in I think it gives you peace of mind have run it in the Yam for 5000 mls, will also put some in the Vn don't want to risk getting a puncture, my daughter got one last year in her Kawa ZX10 had to wait ages to get the bike picked up don't want any of that.

·
Registered
399 Posts
When i bought my 2001 vn750 last march, it had an Avon Venom on the rear, 150/90. It was manufactored in 2005, plenty of tread, only about 2,000 on the tire. I removed it because i simply didnt like the look of the tread pattern! haha It seems like a good tire, just more for a sport bike maybe? I hope they work well for you!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i bought my 2001 vn750 last march, it had an Avon Venom on the rear, 150/90. It was manufactored in 2005, plenty of tread, only about 2,000 on the tire. I removed it because i simply didnt like the look of the tread pattern! haha It seems like a good tire, just more for a sport bike maybe? I hope they work well for you!
Well if they make it handle any better than it does now they will be a bonus, will be nice not to track down every road repair and over banding strip on the road, the handling is a little wayward bike goes where it feels like on the old tyres :wow:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I thought it handled great, very smooth.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find they bounce about all over the road but then again I am not used to riding cruisers, have ridden sports or sports tourers for years this may need new shocks also that may steady it down a bit, will reply back once I have the wheels back on and tried the new tyres they should help a lot the old tyres where 20 years old good tread knackerd walls :wow:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right thats it new tyres fitted and bike all back together will give it a run out tomorrow and see what she goes like :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I think you will like them. I have not had any tendencies toward tracking on tar snakes with Avons. I had bridgestones before and they tracked alot. Are they made in UK? If so you guys make a great tire.
Bronson.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Check the air pressure levels in your rear shocks. I think my manual said max psi is ~43? Mine were at 0!!! I just set mine to 15psi and my bike handles so much better.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think you will like them. I have not had any tendencies toward tracking on tar snakes with Avons. I had bridgestones before and they tracked alot. Are they made in UK? If so you guys make a great tire.
Bronson.
Hi Bronson
Yes they are made in Wiltshire in the UK hope I find them as good as you do. :smiley_th

Check the air pressure levels in your rear shocks. I think my manual said max psi is ~43? Mine were at 0!!! I just set mine to 15psi and my bike handles so much better.[/QUOTE said:

Hi 1986vn750
Have checked rear shocks they are shot won't hold air pressure so I will need new ones should be a lot better after that, all I have read on the forum is that they handle well so it must be these shocks that are letting it down. :smiley_th

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have now had a little run on the bike with the new Venoms on and the handling has been transformed, the bike is a lot more stable and doesn't track the road repairs now, I still need to get some new shocks on it as they wont hold any air but I did top up a little more with oil and they seem a little better
:smiley_th

·
Registered
399 Posts
Great! Good luck on the shocks. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts