Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if there is enough interest in setting up a ride for August 23 (Sunday) as Anthony (KC2DGQ) had mentioned in another thread. Maybe a few people from South Jersey could come up this way and a few from the northern portion including NY could travel a bit south. I would also like to see if there is any interest from some PA riders or even some CT riders. Once we know who is interested we can choose a central meeting point and then put a ride together. We have some newbies that haven't had a chance to ride with us but expressed some interest and some others that haven't been able to make previous rides last year or this. If you have an interest for joining in a group ride just respond to this thread and let us know your general location. We can even set up a few local meeting points so no one rides too far alone and then all the different group meet at one point for the main portion of the ride. This is open to anyone and not restricted to just VN 750 riders. Two or three wheels welcomed.

mge 1, I hope you can get your ride together by then. JJ how about it? I know you have been out for a while. Wolfie, get the boys together up there and ride south. Nitro, this is a chance to meet some of the people in the general area that couldn't make your charity ride. Mercury, if you are going to Boston you better get some riding in now before you face those winters and see if your Dad wants to come down. I haven't had the chance to meet him as yet. There are at least two other Jersey boyz that inquire about riding every so often so here is a chance to meet some forum people. Maybe we will find some one that would be interested in the Roar to the Shore weekend trip and join up with Anthony. That should have 80,000+ bikes for the weekend in September (4th-7th.)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
The 23 is a Saturday and I'm out as my MC's run is that day(posted in rides and get togethers under Freebirds MC annual poker run)

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 23 is a Saturday and I'm out as my MC's run is that day(posted in rides and get togethers under Freebirds MC annual poker run)
You are correct, my bad. Jet lag still or just stupidity on my part with the days of the week.

·
2,517 Posts
So is it Sunday the 24th or Saturday the 23rd? I'm out for Saturday also, gotta work.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Remarkable my calander doesn't have something on it. Plan the ride I'll try and make it

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
August 23 NJ, NY, PA, CT Ride

that's right. all us "Buckeyes" are just out of reach. just one state shy! lol

no matter, because the "Buckeye Bunch" will not only be heading the other direction, we will be in an other state! we all will be up in MI., for the MI., VN750, Gathering! woo hoo!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
August 23 NJ, NY, PA, CT Ride

that's right. all us "Buckeyes" are just out of reach. just one state shy! lol

no matter, because the "Buckeye Bunch" will not only be heading the other direction, we will be in an other state! we all will be up in MI., for the MI., VN750, Gathering! woo hoo!
that's why we need to get a bunch of us to meet up in the east the same day....so the country doesn't tilt in one direction...lol

And Saturday the 23rd is good for me.
I will be working Sunday so no bueno for me on the 24th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are trying to set the ride for the Saturday 23rd. Wolfie, can you get the northern boyz together or are you going to Capt. cals? I spoke with mge 1 today and he just about has his bike in running condition so he will try to make it. I may start sending out a few PM's to a few people and I have to call Bill tomorrow. Anthony, please give me a call when you are able to (anytime) and we can work out a few details for this whole thing.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I think I have something the 3ed, I think this is supposed to be a VN750 ride, where is cap cal?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
the idea here is a meet and greet for the new guys who have not met others in the area. I assumed we were looking to meet closer to central Jersey to make it easier on the guys way down south in Jersey.

any others are welcome, but we never get any NYC guys to come out anyway. The PA boys can probably meet us in central NJ aslo if they are willing.

Who's cal?

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I have something the 3ed, I think this is supposed to be a VN750 ride, where is cap cal?
The ride is the 23rd and Capt. Cal is not the ride I am referring to. Wolfie was interested in something with Capt. Cal I believe. This thread is about a ride in New Jersey probably in the central part of the state so we can draw as many riders as possible.

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
the idea here is a meet and greet for the new guys who have not met others in the area. I assumed we were looking to meet closer to central Jersey to make it easier on the guys way down south in Jersey.

any others are welcome, but we never get any NYC guys to come out anyway. The PA boys can probably meet us in central NJ aslo if they are willing.

Who's cal?
The ride that this thread is about is starting in NJ and most likely will begin in the central portion of the state. The Capt. Cal reference is something that Wolfie referred to in his post within this thread for the same date. That is an overnight deal and in reality is not part of this ride. Capt. Cal is the guy that built the raffle bike for Strange Days 4.

Right now I have two particular ride destinations in mind and they can start from any one of five or six starting points. I was waiting to see how much interest there is for the date and where the interested people are coming from before I set a specific start location. This is partially for riders to meet some of the actual people behind the names on the forum and for others to just get out and take a group ride with friends new or old. Marc (mge 1) is very interested and should be ready to ride by then. I will be sending out some PM's and regular emails to a few that have shown an interest in the past. Anthony if you get a chance give me a call on the cell and I can discuss my ideas with you a bit more and see what you think.

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As of right now we have at least three people interested, mge 1, KC2DGQ and myself. Still plenty of time to join the ride. I have been asked about group rides numerous times this season already and by central Jersey based riders so here is the chance you have been asking about.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I'm in for the 23rd. Tell me where and when to meetup. I may bring my girl. Not sure I want her in my ear all day though.

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in for the 23rd. Tell me where and when to meetup. I may bring my girl. Not sure I want her in my ear all day though.
If you bring her than you have to put up with her. The rest of us won't be able to hear her once we start riding and if she causes a problem when we stop we can just start riding again. lol Only kidding, Mike. I haven't met her but I am sure she is fine. Having a female on the ride is no problem at all. It may even make it more fun.

Right now we have mge 1, Mike DeAngelo, KC2DGQ, and myself. This ride is still open to anyone. I called Bill and he already has two commitments for that day at this time (he really should be committed.) I also have another PM that I am waiting on a reply from. I will be contacting a few more people and hope to have at least six or seven total riders. If there is a larger positive response there isn't a problem so if you have any interest just post here and I will contact you with all the information you would need to join us.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Bessie's been gettin vibarashuns....Im hopin it aint balance dampers and I can finish the season....

Capt Cal....is the guy who brainstormed StrangeDays and has been organizing it since....I got an invite....feels speshul...aint that far....15 mins from Gyps...45 mins from me tops....

If you guys stay north of I-80....Id love to hook up with Mike DeAngelo fer once....but if its further down, I gotta pass and will go to Cal's campout/party, because i can get free towing thru Geico there still, lol....75 mile radius from the house...

What it boils down to, honestly, is I dont trust Bessie fer a long ride like that...Id need to take 206 or 94 the whole way, so would end up ridin alone....

Gonna be workin on her next few days....long overdue maint....if shes runnin better, might change....but I still need to hit Cal's...I guess on the way back, and will spend the night there...that would work....all depends on Bessie....

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Gonna be workin on her next few days....long overdue maint....if shes runnin better, might change....but I still need to hit Cal's...I guess on the way back, and will spend the night there...that would work....all depends on Bessie....
Hope you can make it man. It would be great to finally meet you. Let's see what happens and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
If we can get six or more riders I will be giving away a brand new VN750 part number 42034. Close to a 90 dollar value with tax and shipping.

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bessie's been gettin vibarashuns....Im hopin it aint balance dampers and I can finish the season....

Capt Cal....is the guy who brainstormed StrangeDays and has been organizing it since....I got an invite....feels speshul...aint that far....15 mins from Gyps...45 mins from me tops....

If you guys stay north of I-80....Id love to hook up with Mike DeAngelo fer once....but if its further down, I gotta pass and will go to Cal's campout/party, because i can get free towing thru Geico there still, lol....75 mile radius from the house...

What it boils down to, honestly, is I dont trust Bessie fer a long ride like that...Id need to take 206 or 94 the whole way, so would end up ridin alone....

I hope you can get Bessie back running right before the 23rd. Not sure about running north of I-80 as the original intent was to keep this as a central Jersey ride/meet up. Heading too far north could eliminate some of the southern boys. With the central location I was hoping to draw riders from southern Jersey, eastern PA and possibly northern people such as Nitro, Mercury, Jack, and I was hoping that you could make it down this way for the ride. I understand if you are having some issues with Bessie but again I hope you can find the problem and get it covered soon. If you can not make this one I am sure we will be running north in the not too distant future. Good luck, Bro.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts