Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We'd like to have a get together lunch/dinner, maybe even a ride if the weather's nice to ALL meet up, meet new and prospective members, and discuss rides/events for next season.

The way I see it, we have 3 weekends open between now and the 25th...please post your availability for each day. The gathering will be held more than likely in central N Jersey, as it seems to be central to most in our group. Actual location to be decided once I get a few commitments. Id like to even reserve a section for us all at a diner or pub, so that we could almost sit "round table".

Dates are as follows :

1 or 2 Dec (supposed to be warm too !)
8 or 9 Dec
15 or 16 Dec
22/23 I think is "too close" for most (not me though)...

Lemme know...if we get enough guys, mebbe we can even get a buffet discount or a few monster subs or sumpin.

I'll also be sending this to all on the QSRG list....:beerchug:

PS...if too cold/snowy, or if the bike's down, bring yer cages....bring yer 'ol ladies too...all are welcome !!!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I think I have a party on the 9th, 15th and 22nd. This is a difficult time of year. This weekend Dec 1 - 2 looks open (well I am supposed to be doing yard work)....I would do this instead though. Ideas for food... Chatterbox, flatbrook tap house, hot dog johnnys.

thats about where I am at.

Kenny

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I think I'm in Princeton all this weekend but let me know when and where you guys end up. Maybe I'll throw the Jul in the Camaro and come meet you guys. I'd love to finally shake a hand or two...

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I am working this weekend and every other weekend from that point on but if this is going to be in central Jersey then there should be no porblem at all. I get out of work at 8:30 AM so I am good for most of those work weekends if I do not have to get an earlier start than that. Right now I am thinking that this weekend maybe a little too late for most to make plans but I could be wrong.

According to my list of interested people I have thirteen names on the list. Anyone interested in being on our notification list for rides and/or gathering information can send me their information (full name, forum name if a member, regular email address, home town and state, and cell phone number). I will then add you to the list and return confirmation of that. This is a non-restrictive group in that you do not have to be a regular member of the forum and you do not have to be a Kawi owner/rider to join us. We only ask that you have a real enjoyment of motorcycles and respect the brotherhood that we promote.

I am looking forward to getting together and matching a few faces to the names.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I think I'm in Princeton all this weekend but let me know when and where you guys end up. Maybe I'll throw the Jul in the Camaro and come meet you guys. I'd love to finally shake a hand or two...
I nominate LP to pick the date so we make sure he attends....lol
Yes....I too am looking forward to finally being able to shake a few hands.

you all pick a date and I will do my best to make it work.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I nominate LP to pick the date so we make sure he attends....lol
Yes....I too am looking forward to finally being able to shake a few hands.

you all pick a date and I will do my best to make it work.
that sounds fine w/ me too, if I can make it great - if not - shhhh - it happens.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent sent mails to the group yet, but IMO this weekend is too close (agreed, Tom). Im even thinking, that with holiday parties, etc, might be beter to put it off until after the New Year. That way nobody has nuthin goin on, we can take cages if need be, and I think more would attend. I REALLY wanna get some of the new guys to come, and mebbe recruit some of the NYC crew, so thinking mebbe a place offa Rt 80. Thats pretty central, and should be an easy get-to for all...was thinking someplace between Parsnippany and Stanhope...used to be cool places in Budd Lake....I aint been that way in awhile, so throw out some ideas...Hot Dog Johnnys is a possible Merc...and as much as I like the Chatterbox, a lil too far north methinks...but throw out some ideas...

big thing, IMO is to postpone until after Jan 1...whaddaya all think ?...more time for replies and planning too.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
^ I'm fine with that as I'm more likely to be available. At that time fellas, if you'd like me to pick a date, I'd be more than happy to. :)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yaa, do it...seems like you and Merc are the toughest to hold to a date, lol....me ? Im always available, lol...at least for now.

·
2,494 Posts
I am booked for Jan. 6th as it is my daughter's engagement party here at the house so I will be running around here and busy probably the 5th and the 6th. I should be free most of the other weekends.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How's about Sat the 26th...you guys can throw me a bday party (assuming I make it, lol)...a freckled redhead w/green eyes jumpin from outta the cake would be nice too....lol.... ;)

·
2,494 Posts
So far that is a good date on my schedule. I will be having the second half of my medical procedures done in Jan. but I will still make it to the gathering one way or another. I hope everyone else is free on that day also. As Anthony has said before, I am looking forward to shaking a few hands of those on the forum and those that just share the enjoyment of riding motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I can hold a date, once I know what the date is.... its just finding a free date is the hard part. Freckled red heads w/ green eyes? Where? Ill take one even without freckles.

Clinton station burger joint... another possible. http://www.clintonstationdiner.com/index.htm

If we take cages I will even drive ya Wolfie, Ill give you a milk crate to stand on to get in my truck, just like I do for the ladies. haha just kidding pal.

SAT JAN 26th? Thats a ways away but I am in tentatively.

Kenny

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
If we're meeting at the CSD (Clinton Station Diner) I'll definitely be there. It's about 200 yards from my front door - I walk there.

I'll be in Philly with family on the 25th but I might still be able to do the 26th. It'll hafta be in the afternoon though as I'll have quite the drive that day...

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
If we're meeting at the CSD (Clinton Station Diner) I'll definitely be there. It's about 200 yards from my front door - I walk there.

I'll be in Philly with family on the 25th but I might still be able to do the 26th. It'll hafta be in the afternoon though as I'll have quite the drive that day...
I met somebody there to sell my old truck mirrors, fine establishment.

kenny

·
2,494 Posts
Let's hear from the rest of the thirteen that expressed interest in this group and anyone else from the Quad State area of NJ, NY, PA, CT. If you are into group rides or think you would like to try it at least once just give any of the three of us (Vulcan2000, Wolfie, KC2DGQ) a PM and we can put your information on the list for activity notifications. Your contact information will never be seen by anyone but the three of us and we will always respect your privacy. We want to meet the people behind the names and let you know what we are thinking for the new riding season that is coming soon and also to find out what you would want for destinations or activities. We are thinking about Roar to the Shore in Wildwood (September), Americade, Laconia, Sturgis (for the real adventuresome), and many more possibilities. Join us for this gathering either by motorcycle or cage. You'll see we are very informal with only one main rule of enjoying motorcycles and good brotherhood. There are no dues or mandatory rides involved. This is just a group of motorcycle enthusiasts sharing a common interest together. Forum membership is not required nor is ownership of a Kawi cycle. We accept any manufacturer, any model, any style including "Rats". We just want to enjoy motorcycles with good friends including those we haven't met yet.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I met somebody there to sell my old truck mirrors, fine establishment.

kenny
Sure is! I got the "Hercules" there once. They call it a 2 pound burger but only the meat is two pounds - it totals 4. I ate a quarter of it, the rest took me all week. They have a full bar, great food, and the hostess is crazy hot! :smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Okay...sounds good to me....closer to Tom and the othe S Jersey guys too. Is it easy from NYC ?...like right out 80 or sumpin ?...I wanna send them PMs about it since none of em are on our list.
So, seemes to me like an "aye" vote ???...yes ???....if so, I'll put together a mailer with a map and send to all. RSVP. Can we arrange to get a quiet corner there somewhere where we can like put some tables together and stuff ?....Liberty...since yer that close, find out for us bro...mebbe even if they can arrange a 12 foot hero or the like, depending on how many sign. That kinda stuff. That way we can recruit, meet everyone, and plan for next year like Tom stated. Also will be an announcement made there. No, aint tellin yet....nyah....
Check on details, lemme know in the next week, and I'll send out feelers. Id like to see like between 15-20 there if possible....bring yer Dad fer sure Merc !!!

any style including "Rats"
...glad ya said that brother, since I ride one, lol....damn proud of it too ~! :D

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya...just checked...good fer the city boys...right out 78....good fer the N crew too...287 right down to 78....works fer me !

http://www.clintonstationdiner.com/

Ya get a gold skull fer that one Merc ! :smiley_th

·
2,494 Posts
....bring yer Dad fer sure Merc !!!
Yes, Merc, I heard a lot about your father from the ride I missed and I am very much looking forward to meeting him. If he isn't on the list now he will be as soon as I get the necessary information. You can PM it to me anytime if you want or I will get it from Wolfie.

...glad ya said that brother, since I ride one, lol....damn proud of it too ~! :D
Now, My Brother, would I leave you and the Wolfmobile out? Have faith and know we are proud of that ride also. It has a lot of time, energy and special thought in it and will continue to ride on for many more moons. Besides "Rats" were the beginning of all this motorcycle madness in my opinion. They were what ever the returning Vets could throw together after the war and get running again.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts