Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna meet up at the Mountain Rest on Wooley Rd, in West Milford, NJ...will go for a loop somewhere from there (I was thinking Budd Lake area, etc), or whatever better anyone who comes suggests, then return to the mountain rest to close the loop....mebbe even a ride to the Gap on 206 I believe, then up 209 towards Bushkill, then back...
Weather is supposed to be awesome (sunny and not hot), and would be nice to get in another Spring run in before the amateurs come out....
Anyone interested, PM me with a phone # and I'll call with details...will also send my email to anyone who PMs....

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
^ I'd love to but Saturday I have to buy a Suzuki Bandit then drive to Ocean City NJ for a wedding. 'Fraid I'm swamped. I hope, if you guys do ride, you enjoy the snot out of it though. :motorcycl:beerchug:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No prob brother...ther'll be a next time, I garr-aun-tee !!! have fun with the new baby !:smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
...havent heard more details, but the route of the run may just take us up to OCC and Paul Jrs (not far apart) to harass em a bit (my suggestion, but KCs run and final call)....lolol...
That ALONE gotta be worth coming on the ride !...c'mon boys !...3 definite so far....I'll make y'all famous on Youtube too...

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I wish I was free on Saturday since I enjoyed the last ride up to your place and then around those mountain roads and twisties with kc2dgq, Mercury and yourself a few weeks ago. It was a great ride even if I did have to go through a few rain storms heading up and one more on the road home. Interesting that the rain was only when I was riding by myself but I still enjoyed the whole trip. I am heading out today for a day long ride with a buddy and should put on another 200 or so miles as the last ride up north and back was 238 miles total. I would also like to see OCC and Jr.'s place one time at least as we discussed. I will just have to catch the next ride with you guys.

Tomorrow I will be heading to Baltimore to pick up my daughter and then to DC for a family function and returning to Baltimore that night for the Sailebration festivities. There are forty-two ships in the harbor of which twenty-two are tall ships to commemorate the Star Spangled Banner and the War of 1812 at Ft. Mc Henry. The harbor and fort are all within walking distance of my daughter's place and we will watch the grand fireworks display over the fort at night and also the forty-five minute air display by the Blue Angels over Inner Harbor among many of the other sights for the weekend. I also get the benefit of spending time with my daughter on Father's Day.

Have a great ride and let me know where you guy's end up. I'll catch you on the next ride.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back from mom's KC...Im good to go...call me tonight or pm me as to where and when I should meet ya...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
sorry you missed it FalcoLove...it was just me and Wolfie this time anyway.

Next time we will try to post more in advance so people have time to plan...this was kind of a spur of the moment thing anyway.

It will be a few weeks before my schedule will free up again, so it was nice to get out and just ride for the fun of it :smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Summer aint even started yet...will be many more rides, and we didnt go to OCC since was just we two, and wanted to wait for V2k to join is...I REALLY wanted to moon Senior, too !...next time... ;)

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Summer aint even started yet...will be many more rides, and we didnt go to OCC since was just we two, and wanted to wait for V2k to join is...I REALLY wanted to moon Senior, too !...next time... ;)
Wolfie,

I am not sure if Senior would be around on a weekend but it would be a sight to behold if he is there and you do your thing. I just got back from Sailabration in Baltimore and the final festivity that we saw just before leaving was the Blue Angels team while sitting up on the fifth or sixth level which was the totally open top of a parking garage. During a few of the passses that they made the jets seemed to be actually lower than we were and on a few passes you could just about look into the cockpit. They were loud and fast just like a good woman. lol They had several tall ships from around the world and about forty -two ships in total including an attack boat from the US Navy special wing. I am not sure of their exact title but they had twin 50's mounted on the back with dual 243's just ahead of those with several more tucked away for insurance. Some dumb female asked one of the crew members, "What do you shoot?" He asked her several times to repeat the question and finally said to her that in case she was not aware of what is going on in the world today that there are pirates taking over ships and also the United States has enemies that do attack us at times and are more than willing to kill our military that are trying to protect freedom. She said that she wasn't sure and wondered if they shot whales. The soldier said only if the whales attack innocent people first. It was a great two days in Baltimore and I spent it all with my daughter for Father's Day.

Friday I put on about 135 miles on the bike with a buddy and then went to a cruise night to check out some more bikes. The entire weekend was fantastic and I am ready to meet up with you and kc2dgq for another great ride. Let me know a little more in advace if possible next time.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive seen the Blue Angels...but Im kinda partial to the Thunderbirds, as I was USAF...but either way, they are surely a sight !!!
I thought they didnt allow females onto ships....lol....times are a changin'...
You wouldda liked where KC and I went tho...an R/C gathering...they had an incredible MiG-25, and LOTS of WW1 planes (which I loved)...the detail nowadays is unreal !!! More season to come, it came early this year, remember !
Soon as we get a group map up, I'll plan up a bunch of great rides, as I will know better exactly where everyone is...
Is Blairstown far from you ?...I have a Delaware/Pocano loop Im working on, and it starts there....about a 150mile loop...up thru the Pocanos, then down the Delaware...bout 4 hrs total including the lunch stop...should be closer to you than the last ride...hopefully closer to Liberty as well....mebbe even some NYC and LI riders can join in since I-80 is right there...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts