Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been fighting with the front disk brake for months. Rebuilt, MC, Rebuilt caliper. Bled backwards, forwards, upside down. Nothing worked. Went to visit M Angel, and viola'. All is good. M changed the MC gasket around. That did the trick. Now it was put on correctly to start with, but would not creat pressure.
Thanks M Angel for all your help.:lockd:

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
No problem bud, you know where I am if you need a hand with anything else. Just give me a shout. Stay safe out there.

Reactions: kc2dgq

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
What was the problem to start with?

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
The MC wasn't building pressure in the caliper. I flipped the rubber seal on the MC piston and it works. Tested it out on my virago and it worked.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Did that cause the bike to not brake at all, or did he have to apply more force than usual to get it to brake?

I ask cause I've always thought I have to apply more force than I should when braking... but I have no other bike to compare it to, so I don't know if it's just me.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Well it caused the brake to not work at all afaik. But keep in mind that he has the virago front end and thus virago brake. He has the kaw MC though.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Oh I see... thanks!

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
i have noticed that my front brake is nice and firm but when i did the edge's bike his was soft even after bleeding all the air out and the same for the 03 i just finished on monday i wonder if i could flip the do hickey around as you did and fix there problem

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Give it a shot, let me know how it works. His lever was nice and firm after we flipped the seal.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Give it a shot, let me know how it works. His lever was nice and firm after we flipped the seal.
got any pics of which seal we are talking about cause i have never pulled the mc apart

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
No pics. But it is pretty evident once you take the circlip out. The piston that the circlip holds in has a.rubber seal on it. The only other rubber piece is attached to the spring.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure i like you telling everyone about my nice firm lever...lol :D

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
how did i miss this happening i always have my mind in the gutter but that one i didnt see coming :notworthy

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Hey, at least it's not like New Rider is doing, saying how other people's levers were soft!! LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts