Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im not sure what to do at this point and whether this issue is fuel or electrical related. So its the end of the wonter season and i tried to start my bike. It wasnt staying running so i pulled the fuel lines off and checked to see if there was any fuel flow coming out and there was nothing. So i just bought a new petcock to save some trouble and there we go fuel flow again. Now i pulled the carbs off and cleaned them. Now the bike wont start at all. It'll crank but wont start. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Any mods done to the bike? Did it sit for a long time before you got it? You got the bike to run and then you decided to clean the carbs? You may have left some dirt or crud in the carb(s). Look up the "blow back" (I think that is what it was called) to see if that gives you any more information on the problem

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Need to verify if fuel is getting into the carbs, just open the drains.

Verify if it has spark.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update got the bike started this morning with the petcock off and it ran for a while. if i turn the switch on the bike dies a few seconds later

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
if i turn the switch on the bike dies a few seconds later
The petcock? Sounds like it must be flooding.

Stuck float/needle valve, float level too high. Also make sure the petcock vacuum line has no gas in it. It should be dry.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
When you get this fixed, you should make sure there's no gas in the oil. Theses engines are bad about filling up with gas when the carb overflows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts