Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Jardine Slash Full Exhaust system for my 750. Haven't seen it yet, but my wife says a large package arrived today, so that must be it.

Anybody put one of these on before and if so, anything I should be aware of before I start the install.

Any advice about removing the existing factory system?

The add said, "Rejetting not required, but recommended." Anybody had experience with this system and did you rejet and was it worth it?

Thanks in advance for any advice. This forum has been very helpful to me and I really appreciate it.:smiley_th

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have Jardines on my bike. My pipes are one peace from the header to the end for each side, but both end up on the right side.

Take it easy removing the acorn nuts, soak well with PB Blaster or some other penitreating spray so that you do not twist off a stud. Put the bike on the center stand. This will get the center stand out of your way and put the bike in a better position for you to work on it.

You will need new exhaust gaskets. I went to the local Harley dealership and pick up harley gaskets rather than use Kawasaki ones. I do not have the part number handy, but you should be able to find it in the files.

When bolting the pipes back on use some antisieze so you will not have to worry about the header bolts if you need to take the pipes off for something latter on.

Brad

·
Registered
223 Posts
I believe the recommended rejet would be moving your mains up a step but I dont think its completely necessary. If after the install the top end doesnt pull as well when warm then rejet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice and pointers guys. I'm heading home tomorrow, not sure if I'll have time to attempt this install this coming weekend, but definitely before Summer is over.

·
Registered
363 Posts
after you install your exhaust, make sure you clean off all your fingerprints before you start your bike, use crome polish or something or you might get some discoloration

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't have thought about polishing them before running at that point.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided to go for it yesterday and got the Jardine's installed. It was actually fairly simple, thanks for the advice guys. I used the Harley Crush gaskets, which were, amazingly, less expensive than what my Kawasaki dealer wanted for the Kawasaki gaskets. Took her for a spin and she ran fine. Still "popping" on deceleration, but I think I can fix that by adjusting the carb screws out to 2/5 or so turns. Gotta get the caps off them first though. If that doesn't fix it then I may re-jet.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I decided to go for it yesterday and got the Jardine's installed. It was actually fairly simple, thanks for the advice guys. I used the Harley Crush gaskets, which were, amazingly, less expensive than what my Kawasaki dealer wanted for the Kawasaki gaskets. Took her for a spin and she ran fine. Still "popping" on deceleration, but I think I can fix that by adjusting the carb screws out to 2/5 or so turns. Gotta get the caps off them first though. If that doesn't fix it then I may re-jet.
Glad to hear the process was successfully uneventful.

Most folks recommend drilling the caps off the pilot screws, however if you have a steady hand, I was able to use a small ball end diamond burr bit from harbor freight in my Dremel tool to grind a hole in the aluminum caps and get a sheet metal screw started in them to pull them out while the carbs were still on the bike. Took about 10 minutes per side...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks abyssdnor, I will have to give that a shot next weekend, now it's back to "Hotlanta" for work and school.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts