Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I suppose its befitting for me to make a post here here first as an introduction, I just purchaced a low miles 91 in Seattle, I live in Port Angeles WA, I purchased this bike for just a fuzz over a grand, after talking to a buddie who got an 06 for his birthday he convinced me the vulcan was a bike for me. The goal is to ride to AZ/Grand Canyon this year, and to ride many of the lovely roads we as nortwesteners know of. ~spectacular country if you have never been here~ I have spent most the night searching this forum and reading alot of old post, many of my questions were answered ~thank you all posters~, one thing I cant seem to find is a PDF (or similar for downloading) manual for care and maintenance, haynes/Clymer ect... questions I could not find answers too:
1: Clutch Adjustment? ~my clutch is slipping in all gears after 1st
2: Tire Pressure ?
3:Is there any way to get the gas cap open if the lock wont turn or un-lock?
~I think there is something not alowing the key to fit all the way into the lock~
4: any "real" sortcomeings I should be aware of?
In closing if anyone happens to be going through Port Angeles WA stop into "Liberty Gas" have a cup of coffe on me or a soda introduce yourself and maybe we could take a ride together since I have only been here since Feb '06 I dont know anyone to ride with ~yet~ Thank You all and I do hope to be around for a wile.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I can try to help on number 3. First off, the fuel cap lock only uses the first half of the key (don't ask why, i didn't design it). I bought my bike after it had set for over a year. Mine wouldn't open either. Try this, spray WD-40 in the lock, after it sits for a while, push down on the cap and try turning the key. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get a maint free battery unless you enjoy removing the seat every week to replenish the water in the oem battery.

750's by default, have a super efficient radiator/cooling system. Most times, especially in the winter, fall and early spring temps, the engine will be running too cool. If you take right off without a sufficient warm up time the engine will never have the temp gauge get into the desired range. I ended up placing a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator about two thirds the way up, behind the screen. It stays there most of the year until the weather starts to heat up here in Oregon.

Ride safe

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
another thing u may wanna do... check your splines. many people seem to over look this including some service shops.... better safe then sorry..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is a photo or two of my purchace its titled as a 91.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts