Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost 24 hrs. without a post or reply, I guess most were out enjoying the nice weekend ridin weather...
I had begun to wonder, and then thought, most on here probably work and ride on weekends where I do just the opposite, I pretty much ride during the week and stay out of other folks way on weekends...lol...
I know, I know I don't even have a VN750 anymore, but I stay and post or reply more here than in the Sportster forum...lol...
Come on folks, lets not let this fine forum down, lets keep on keeping on...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Maybe just post a picture of your dirt bike or something...lol...

Well maybe a 4 wheeler or something...lol...

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
382 miles of twisty yesterday, more today. Too busy riding to post!

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
Always wanted a V8 powered barstool.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
382 miles of twisty yesterday, more today. Too busy riding to post!
Awww man, you beat the crap outa my 165 Thursday, thats over double what I did, and that 165 mi. about kicked my tail... I wonder if age had something to do with it...lol...
I may have beat you a couple of weeks ago though, but it took 3 days to do it (800 + mi of twisties)...lol...
I remember the pictures you posted back a bit, you sure have some fine twisty ridin out there...

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
Posting gets slow this time of year. School is back in and holidays are approaching. When weather permits everyone is getting as much riding time as they can before snow shuts us down.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Posting gets slow this time of year. School is back in and holidays are approaching. When weather permits everyone is getting as much riding time as they can before snow shuts us down.
Right on, and the weather is really good here for a few more days, at least the forcast is...
I was still surprised by the 23 hrs and 24 min. without even a posted reply, and if Catchemall hadn't needed to find Lance it would have made the 24 hrs. easy...lol...
I'll catch up a bit tomorrow though, after the Sunday cagers have gone back to work...:motorcycl...:motorcycl...:beerchug:...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I'm on here every day, I don't have too much to share though lol. I don't find too much time to work on the bike. I was supposed to work on it this weekend but ended up helping my gf with her cupcake sale and then I ended up rejoining a band and now I gotta go rehearse for a show and stuff, so I'm just gonna have to fire up the bike today take her around the block a couple of times and put her back in before she overheats, just to not let it sit for too long without any use.

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
185 miles yesterday (down to LBI and back) on the new ride. I love this bike!

R

Oh yeah and I've been out of town 17 of the last 30 days. If it seems like I've been off the grid the last few weeks, I have.

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
I may not post every time but I check in every day and learn something new every time!

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
I spent my 3 day weekend out riding, enjoying the wonderfully NOT hot weather here in Atlanta. :)

Now that I'm back at work...I'm reading / posting here. :-D

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Awww man, you beat the crap outa my 165 Thursday, thats over double what I did, and that 165 mi. about kicked my tail... I wonder if age had something to do with it...lol...
I may have beat you a couple of weeks ago though, but it took 3 days to do it (800 + mi of twisties)...lol...
I remember the pictures you posted back a bit, you sure have some fine twisty ridin out there...
Lousy pic, but leaving a gas stop. Great roads, great people, great ride.

(Pic by surfNRider on southbayriders.com)

BTW, that's a typical crowd. Behind me was my friend Ron on his Vstrom 1k. There was a vast variety of hardware: Cruisers, sports bikes, standards, dual sports, motards, even a few Harleys. BMW/Suzuki/Harley/Aprilia/Kawasaki/more. There is no brand snobbishness, everyone is there to ride. We sort ourselves out by pace, not type of bike. I'm usually at the tail end of the fast group. But when the road gets goaty, me and Ron leave everyone behind!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
No, we are riding and working and trying to get all we can out of what may be the last gasp of wonderful weather for this years riding season.

As Samuel Clemens Said"The news of my demise has been greatly exaggerated"

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
I have been working a lot lately. Lot of changes at my day job and I do not want to be one of them. I am staying off at work for a while.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
No, we are riding and working and trying to get all we can out of what may be the last gasp of wonderful weather for this years riding season.

As Samuel Clemens Said"The news of my demise has been greatly exaggerated"
Exactly as I had hoped, and how it should have been, but I just wanted to revive and stir things up a bit, seems to have worked...:rockon:...:rockon:...

Dang EQ, how many riders in that gaggle...??? I don't think I would be happy ridin with that many folks... I remember jumping in on "The Trail of Tears" ride 5 or 6 years ago an it was 80 mph then 3 mph then 80, I only rode about 25-30 miles and cut out and left...lol...

Yep VJ, no sense in stickin your head in the noose, stay clean jobs are not too easy to find these days, unless you live in China...lol...

Well it looks like a couple of very good days here before any rain, so I'll be doin a bit of ridin myself, I'll see if the wife wants to ride a bit, and see how the passenger pillion on the new Mustang seat works out for her... If she don't think it is a big improvement over the stock seat, I may sell the Mustang and put the original seat back on, she seldom rides anyway, and the Mustang seat was a very minimal if any improvement for me...

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I been around. I'm kinda stuck though, I recently moved to Clinton NJ but my bike's still back in Philly. My bro was supposed to stop by yesterday and bring me down but he ended up runnin' way late. I miss Emma!!! ~sniff sniff~

I'll have to look at the bus schedule or maybe train...

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Roughly 415 miles Saturday riding through the N Ga mountains on my way to the dragon's tail and back home, Sunday was too busy with my 2 year old driving me nuts to really get on here lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts