Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called a local upholstery shop to see if I could extend a comfortable ride to more than 15 minutes. The shop said the price has a lot to do with whether the foam needs to be 'molded'. I'm not sure if mine is or not. I have the stock seat.

-Robert

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
while not sure of the answer your looking for, I would look at other shops..

a 'molded' foam shouldnt keep a good shop from being able to rework what there, or even totally replace the foam, cutting and shaping it to fit what is needed

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
while not sure of the answer your looking for, I would look at other shops..

a 'molded' foam shouldnt keep a good shop from being able to rework what there, or even totally replace the foam, cutting and shaping it to fit what is needed
He said that its more expensive if they have to mold it.

-Robert

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
if by 'mold' they mean shaping the foam, then yes, there is shaping probably involved. the only thing I can think of for a 'non-molded' foam would be a square or rectangular seat (think couch cushion)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I'm hearing roughly (over the phone prices) of about $150 (in California dollars). Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did look at Spensor but when I looked at ups it looked like it was going to be around $50 each way. Maybe I did something wrong on the computer. I sent him an email but he didn't get back to me.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
go on ebay and look for a vn900 seat or a mean streak seat I got my meanie seat for 50 bucks and I can ride until the tank is dry before my butt starts getting sore and I am 250 lbs

hear is the link to my thread on the meanie seat

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49065

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I have a moldy vn750 seat sitting behind my shop...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts