Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a big pair of ape hangers 16inch+ on the Vulcan?
If so what problems did you run into?

Thanks

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
it can be done you will have to get longer throttle cables and a longer choke and clutch cable and brake line and also extent the witing for the controls

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Any idea where I can get them, or will generic cables work?
Motion pro should be able to take care of that for you.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I second Motion Pro for the cables, they can build cables to mete your exact needs, or you can also purchase some generic ones from them as well. for the Brake Lines, you can go with Russel.
For the electrical harness extension, you might need to build your own... I know there is a company that builds them ( I forget who), but from what I remember the VN750 is discontinued from the line up. Check out http://www.customchrome.com for handlebars and related accessories.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Personally I'm going with the 12's. As far as 16" being illegal, I guess depends on how the law is defined. The story of the man pulled over for illegal bars, and is puzzled when the cop said they can't be higher than your shoulders. So he stands up off his bike and said "they're not"!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...all depends on what town yer ridin thru...semantics....but really, unless yer just gonna ride local, I cant see using 16"ers....my arms would be bloodless and numb 30 mins into a ride, and Im 6'1"...12's are more than enough to give you "the look".....16s are just silly, IMO, and I'd send flowers to your wake......

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just curious, what the biggest pair you can put on without having to change cables.

And does anyone know were they have to be rerouted to get them attached?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Ive heard you can go to 10" ers w/o changing cables, but i cant see it....damned things are just barely long enough as is....ya rout em wrong on a stock setup, and when ya make a right turn, yer clutch disengages, lol....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive heard you can go to 10" ers w/o changing cables, but i cant see it....damned things are just barely long enough as is....ya rout em wrong on a stock setup, and when ya make a right turn, yer clutch disengages, lol....
Thats an added feature, it's called forced fuel savings :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts