Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to put on drag bars however have changed my mind due to the pain of finding tall enough risers. I have decided to put on ape hangers. Im not really positive on the size i want. There is quite a bit of play in the factory lines and was wondering if anyone has experience with how big of ape hangers without changing lines. And where i might be able to find the lines if i have to change them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome i appreciate it man

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can throw some 12" bars on there no problem, and 16" apes will fit but that requires some cable re-routing and the wireing/ brake hose may not quite reach. Also keep in mind they need to be 7/8 inch bars not 1".

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so 12" bars will fit with no new cables?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm not sure about Florida but in California I believe the legal limit is 5" above your shoulders.

-Robert

I wanted to put on drag bars however have changed my mind due to the pain of finding tall enough risers. I have decided to put on ape hangers. Im not really positive on the size i want. There is quite a bit of play in the factory lines and was wondering if anyone has experience with how big of ape hangers without changing lines. And where i might be able to find the lines if i have to change them.

·
Super Moderator
11,995 Posts
Well, "by law" here in Missouri, your grips can not be higher than your shoulders. But I've lost count on how many monkey men I've seen ride by.

Laws don't mean dik if no one enforces them. Or if the law is vague to start with.

Cop pulls a chopper rider over here and tells him. " Missouri statute says your handlebars grips can't be higher than your shoulders."

The 6 foot 5 inch rider gets off the bike walks next to the handle bar and places his side against the end of one of the grips.

"See, my shoulder is clearly higher than this grip"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts