Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,165 Posts
Don't forget a good skull and crossbone paint job along with some of those chrome spikes like they have on dog collars. That be "badasss" too..........

I Think if you go over 11 inches you need to get new brake lines and a longer clutch cable...

KM

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
damn bro, owning a motorcycle is about image, maybe your just fuglybastard. lol

maybe you are one of those people who can figure out what 100x100 pixels or 29kb means, so much for tact.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
They look sick I agree, you won't catch me with them tho. Very uncomfortable and not as much control over the bike as say if you ran with drag bars. Just my .02

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thank you either way, I want more handlebar. Drag bars are nice, i just dont want to lean over my tank id like to sit back and enjoy the wind.

I just have a hard time riding this japanese bike and shifting above at 3,000 rpm for best performance while staying the mind set of riding a cruiser.

'cause you CRUISE especially when you hit 3k in third gear you can feel the bike accelerate, its a fun feeling, like nothin' can catch you. But its taking me work to relax on it.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Curious.... Have you ever ran with 12"+ apes before? If not then I suggest that you keep your stock Elk Horns close at hand just in case you arent a fan of the way she will ride after installing them. Either way apes do give most bikes a kickass look, some love em others hate em. I like them just don't like em enough to give up the handling. Wish ya da best.

Peace:beerchug:

P.S. don't mind KM....He likes to stur up chit...LMAO

EDIT: I just seen your pic after you edited your last post, yeah you need diff. bars I agree, they have drag bars on risers, at least a 6" to 9" rise I would recommend and a minumum of a 27" spread with a 4" pull back. Click the link at the bottom of my signature to view the bars on my 750. 9" rise and as much pull back as one would want due to it being a box end set.

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yeah man i just threw out a random number

after checking this photo

KM do you actually make knives?

anyone recommend a handlebar company?

is the vn750 7/8 or 1inch handlebars?

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I will.
that bike is nasty, what was done with the rear fender, wkriz

google: Flanders? Flander's Knives?

Antwerp Brussels?

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
I shaved it to a point for more of the bobber look, relocated the brake/taillight to the left side.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Check your state laws too. In IL, your knuckles cant be over your shoulders or they can right you a ticket. I have 13'' ones on mine and i am only 5'8''. Just an FYI. Look up TheBoy in the gallery and you will see what mine looks like to give you a better idea.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I have 16 inch on mine. I started out with 12 inch but they just didn't seem "badass" enough...LOL.....So I went with 16 inchers. I find them extremely comfortable but The Boy is correct, you can get a ticket in many States. I always felt like my 16 inchers were right at my shoulders until I was pulled over in Wyoming during the Sturgis Rally last August and received a warning ticket for the bars being over my shoulders. Now, I could have been a jerk like many pulled over do and stand up next to the bars and say "see Officer, they are below my shoulders!".But politeness wins out everytime.......

Attachments

·
Recovering Dirtbiker
47 Posts
In the state of MD handlebars are supposed to be no more than 15" above your lap although I see exceptions to this all the time (including a guy that looked like he was being dragged down the road by his huge 20"+ harley ape hangars). They do look cool, but for me I think I wouldn't want anything more than a few inches and certainly not above my shoulders. How do they effect your rearviews?

·
Sparky!!!
8,709 Posts
A good source of hadnlebars, and all the cables you need is JP Cycles. they even hae some 1" 1/4 bars that taper down to the 7/8 for the controls and risers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im thinking about getting rid of my 13'' handle bars and going with the 16". I had custom cables done with plenty of slack to do the swap, but the only thing i know they will be illegal.

Rearview is about the same. I have made custom mirrors that bend down so you can see under my armpit instead of over my shoulder. To me it looks better that having 2 big round mirrors and people mistaking my bike for Mickey Mouse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts