Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve scoured the forums regarding ape hangers. I got a set of 12” ape hangers in the mail, pictures below, and I was hoping that we could nip this question in the butt once and for all, and if not I’ll repost afterwards with my findings. There is conflicting documentation of whether or not 12” ape hangers require any other re-cabling other than the brake line hose. So anyone, who has done it, what’s the verdict. Also, I’ve found a cheap ebay vendor for the brake hose, does anyone know more about brake fitting? Couldn’t find anything on the forums giving a decisive answer. I think I’ll pass on the $50+ galfer.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very interested

I'm interested to see the results of this, I would like to swap my elk horns out for some apes in the future. Keep us posted please!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm interested to see the results of this, I would like to swap my elk horns out for some apes in the future. Keep us posted please!

Will do. I also got some straight struts coming in and forward controls from refinedcyle (FYI they’re doing their last run on eBay and then discontinuing them). I had the tiny bars on before and it always tweaked my shoulders as I am 6’1. The project is almost over if I could just get the paint to dry on the tank, too many thick layers which I’m kicking myself over. I might just say f it and slap the tank on and redo it at a later time. I think once it’s all said and done it’s gonna be a mean look. I’ve spent way too much money on this bike already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ever get your apes on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts