Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a new clutch, and she rides soooo good now that it shifts so nice. Now my lower back hurts after 20 miles. I broke my L5/S1 vertebrae 25 years ago. I just need to lean back a bit to relieve the lumbar pressure. Im looking at the Protac bolt on back rest. Wondering if anyone has any photos of this bike(or close) with the back rest installed. Any other cheap ideas for a bolt on, maybe from another bike? Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, mmart! Id like just the back rest and brackets for now. Is the rest adjustable to go forward or backward a little bit before locking in place, or tightening bolts down? This would be for drivers comfort.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
No it’s not adjustable. They ask for your measurements when you order it. It just bolts on where the shocks connect to the frame.
Here’s the backrest with the stock seat. I tend to sit straight unless I’m on the highway but I noticed with the new seat it tilts me back more and I find that I’m using the backrest a little more now.
0532A85E-0CFC-4E7E-963C-A8BA75FCFF3C.jpeg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it’s not adjustable. They ask for your measurements when you order it. It just bolts on where the shocks connect to the frame.
Here’s the backrest with the stock seat. I tend to sit straight unless I’m on the highway but I noticed with the new seat it tilts me back more and I find that I’m using the backrest a little more now.
View attachment 53276
Thank mmart! I emailed the company asking if they offer them still for my 86 750. I still have stock seat, like your original, in mint condition. Seems to me, if it HAD to be adjusted slightly forward or back, maybe the chrome rod that slides in each side could be bent just a little... Just a stab in the dark on that..

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Probably could be bent but I’m too OCD and if I couldn’t get them perfectly aligned it’d drive me nuts lol. You could always add some padding. The bars flex a bit so they can squeeze into the brackets. The pressure holds it in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts