Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone With a National Cycle PlexiFairing 3?

Hey All-

Found a used Plexifairing 3 for a $100.00 bucks nearby me :)

Pretty stoked about it..

But... I need to get it tonight and mount it in time for my trip tomorrow to Richmond, Va... So if someone doesn't mind.. can you take a picture of how its mounted on your bike?

Don't have time to be missing parts.. So I want to make sure I have everything when I pick it up.

Thanks

Jay

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Hey All-

Found a used Plexifairing 3 for a $100.00 bucks nearby me :)

Pretty stoked about it..
I have been looking for a 2 or a 3 and not sure which I would prefer. Let me know your opinion of the 3 after you have it mounted and ride it a bit. I believe the only real difference between the two is the addition of lowers. I wish I could send a picture to help you but you are ahead of me right now. Good luck and I will be waiting to hear what you think.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vulcan2000- will certainly give a review after I've had it a little while. I am thinking its gonna be great since I have nothing now lol.

Denny6006- that's exactly what I needed. Thank you!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
a little late to the party, but yes the mounts in the photos provided by Denny are the same hardware I have on my PS2.
The clamps are just stainless hose clamps that go on the fork tubes, but the black plastic block pieces are the ones that are hard to find.

You will most likely have to shorten the windshield if it has not been cut already.
I love mine!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the windshield.. Its in great shape.. No Complaints.. :smiley_th

The... only issue is I think the clamps are for a 1 inch handlebar and we have a 3/4 inch correct? I am pretty sure thats right..

So I gotta find replacement 3/4 inch clamps.. Or mod these clamps with rubber on each side to make them fit tight around my handle bar..

Thoughts all?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Got the windshield.. Its in great shape.. No Complaints.. :smiley_th

The... only issue is I think the clamps are for a 1 inch handlebar and we have a 3/4 inch correct? I am pretty sure thats right..

So I gotta find replacement 3/4 inch clamps.. Or mod these clamps with rubber on each side to make them fit tight around my handle bar..

Thoughts all?

Thanks!
Use the rubber to shim them out until they are tight enough to stay where you want , thin rubber or plastic tubing works well or a piece of garden hose cut to length and split to slip over the bars.

After you get it in place and tightened down, take an artist brush and black paint and touch up your plastic or hose so it will blend in with the clamp.If you don't have a small paint brush ,steal one of your ol' lady's nail polish bottles.They have a fine touch up brush in them,but if you get caught, I know nothing.:smiley_th

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Use the rubber to shim them out until they are tight enough to stay where you want , thin rubber or plastic tubing works well or a piece of garden hose cut to length and split to slip over the bars.

After you get it in place and tightened down, take an artist brush and black paint and touch up your plastic or hose so it will blend in with the clamp.If you don't have a small paint brush ,steal one of your ol' lady's nail polish bottles.They have a fine touch up brush in them,but if you get caught, I know nothing.:smiley_th
HAHAHHAHA...

.. Thats exactly what I was thinking.. Actually I have a cut up innertube in the garage that might just be perfect.. Thanks for the advice again.

Ride Safe :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Had to upload a pic for a PM conversation.. Pay me no mind :doh:

·
Registered
56 Posts
that is the windshield i have since '03. you can get a set of 7/8 upper clamps from National Cycle (manufacturer). :smiley_th

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Here are a couple of close-up shots of mine I just took:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
"If someone tells me how to upload files, I'd be happy to scan the mounting instructions that came with it."

here is a link to explain posting photos:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3344

FYI: mine came with clamps for 1" bars....and little rubber strips to make up the difference on out 7/8" bars. inner tube should work well, so does rubber tire patch material :smiley_th
I got annoyed with the "knobs" of the bar clamps being in the field of view when I look at the dash, so I turned mine to face out and swiveled the ball joint attached to the windshield.

Post some photos when you get her mounted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts