Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have been charged with traveling out to get the grilles, ordering the boxes for them online, addressing 87 of them with both mine and your addresses, forming them all, packing 87 of them with your grills at the quantity you requested, tracking all this, taking all 87 boxes to the post office, attaching the appropriate postage and finally mailing them off to you. I apologize for the delay thus far but the scope of the job was not made entirely clear to me at the outset. I work full time, fly full time, have a family and a one or two other hobbies. Truly much love to all but it will be just a little longer until you get your grilles. I will have then all packed and shipped by the middle of next week as I had to fly short notice this weekend and am currently in Boston. Please don't blame Kanuck69 or Gemguy for the delay as its my fault. If you would please lend me a bit more patience I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want Kanuck's or Gemguy's reputations going South because of my busy schedule, I promise you'll have your grilles very soon.

My best,
Mike (Libertypilot)

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I didnt order one but really wanted too. but I wouldnt have been upset for a few days longer. I know its tough working and doing the family thing and trying to squeeze in the little things I enjoy let alone a big shipping job like that! if anyone one gets their grill and decides they dont like it give me a holler. LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
Take your time with mine. I'll not be beating you up unless it takes all year. I'm pretty sure Slim can be patient too since he still has some time to spend in the sandbox.

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Chillax Mike (at least that's what my kid would say). Maybe some of us can help you out. For instance I'm only about an hour from Philly and would be glad to drive down to get mine. And if Hiker ordered one I'll get his too and run it up to him (he's only 20 minutes north of me).

Let me know,
Ron

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Will I be able to ride my bike if I don't have mine by the time I get back from the Gathering?... Yes..
Will I be able to ride my bike if I have to wait a week or so? Yes
Ok, so far I don't see a problem. The Grill cover is bling and not crucial.
Thanks for the update and thanks to all for all the work put into this

·
Addicted to Projects
545 Posts
Thanks for all you guys are doing. I can wait, no worries! Heck send mine last, not an issue.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think I will live one or two week longer (I hope anyways) till I get it. Haven't had one this long, a little longer sure won't hurt. Big thanks for all you guy's work on this. Without that we wouldn't be getting one anyways.:smiley_th

·
Late to the party
321 Posts
Hey LP, no problem. The bike runs ok without it... maybe not as pretty ;) I'm old enough to appreciate anticipation and journey as part of the fun. Most of the time anyway - doesn't seem to work that way waiting out long winters though.

You folks that have worked to get this done deserve nothing but thanks. So, Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
No problem. Like previous posters have said, the bike still runs without it. Anticipation is half the fun. Thanks for doing this, we all appreciate it.

·
former lurker
159 Posts
Ditto on the "take your time" sentiment.

It's a good thing you're doing, and at least for me, it's appreciated.

·
Redneck on a rice burner
179 Posts
I would like to say a big THANK YOU for everything you've done.Life is tough as it is with family and a job. Don't stress out, Take your time. Everybody seems to be on the same page here. Once again I'd like to say THANK YOU !!

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
No complaints from me! It will arrive when it arrives.
I know this has been a large project and I respect all who have taken it on. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I appreciate all you guys have done on this from the idea to the delivery! I knew it was going to be a monumental event as I saw how many wanted them. I feel for you! And I didn't even order one!
Everyone be patient, you'll get em in due time...:rockon:

·
Scratches in the dirt ...
34 Posts
As usual I'm a bit late to the party. Waiting a while longer for the cover isn't a big deal. Still riding and the rubber side is staying down just fine without the extra bling ;-)
Thanks for all you all have done, it's greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
I'm gonna be upset if they aren't here by January, 2011. Knowing a little about what it takes to do what you guys have accomplished, I'm not gonna complain. Frankly, I'm amazed you were able to get it done and at such a great price! But I do think we all oughta pitch in and double your salaries, just to show our appreciation! :lockd::D

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
You guys have done a great job. Doing all that you did was way above and beyond the call of duty. On top of it all your not getting paid for it, you are doing it because you want to do it for us. BIG THANKS TO YOU. Will be in your dept for a long time.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts