Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left ear got a little banged up. Someone have one collecting dust? A new one runs $55 or so.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You already know what everyone is gonna tell you, so I'll just ask, why don't you just do it?
It's crossed my mind. You're talking ear shave, correct?

Since it's only surface damage, I may leave it alone until I have time/money to do the whole process. I'm already facing $100 in broken parts, $400 for new tires, and $400 in cosmetic damage. On a bike that I told my wife cost $800.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Whats broken? If its your wife's first bike, I'd say hell with the cosmetic damage for now. Earshave is worth it if shes going to be riding a lot in the future (and if you expect to take the carbs off ever)

As for tires, you can probably get away with under $200 if you shop around and install yourself.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
As for tires, you can probably get away with under $200 if you shop around and install yourself.
Yeah, definitely under $200 if you learn to do it yourself. I just bought a Kenda Cruiser for the front for under $65, I think. And the rear costs just under $100.

Certainly I would love to just have somebody change the tire for me, but unless I take the wheel off and put it on for them, they're going to charge me a ton of money for it. The tire itself is sort of the easy part. The hard part's stuff like the tight squeeze getting everybody back on the axle, and making sure your brakes and speedometer are put back correctly (and that's just the front). And making sure your bike is well supported while you take the dang wheel off. All that jazz.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts