Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
that looks like it would work if you dodn't have a center stand.
I don't see much benifit for our bikes.
http://www.larincorp.com/product_detail.cfm?ProductID=93
I have one like this but it had adjustable lift points and arms that swing out to the side to give more stability on the ground.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts

Here is the lift I got.
On sale at Farm and Flete for $120 when I got it.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Would this lift come in handy on our bikes since we have a center stand that gets the rear wheel elevated?

http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/page=partslift.htm/SID=1182970655.22231
WOW, $85 ?! On Sale ?? I don't see it being to useful if ya got the center stand.
I think I paid something like $60, on sale, for a hydraulic one like Chad linked to in his first post.
Although the adjustable one would be alot more useable on different bikes. The one I have wont work too good on my buddies Nighthawk 'cause the exhaust goes directly underneath the engine.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a way to get the front wheel off the ground? I suppose I could get one of those contraptions that sit under the front wheel to allow it to rotate for cleaning.

·
Stranger Than Fiction
151 Posts
I got mine from Harbor Freight for around $50, they run them on sale every so often....It looks something like ccspinners

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I used the centerstand & a jackstand recently when I did my progressive springs. I had someone sit on the back and positioned the jackstand (may want to use part of a 2x4 or other wood). Be careful where you put the jackstand because it can easily come off of it (espically if you put it on one of the left driver peg mounting positions - luckly I had already one spring done).

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Deuce you got the springs done, hope you didn't have any problems.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Deuce you got the springs done, hope you didn't have any problems.
I did need another hand to get the snap rings in - your trick to use the handle bars enabled me to take both of them appart and get one together - the other needed more brute force. I was suprised at how much oil is really in the forks. Even though the oil couldn't have been more than 2.5 years old, it was very nasty.

I am leaving on a 2 week trip early saturday morning and had to have them in for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts