Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever replace their sight glass on their master cylinder. Mine is getting that spider webbing and I don't want to wait till it breaks. I've seen these listed on ebay - click here

·
Registered
856 Posts
Anyone ever replace their sight glass on their master cylinder. Mine is getting that spider webbing and I don't want to wait till it breaks. I've seen these listed on ebay - click here

Yup, that exactly what I used te replace my sight glass when i rebuilt my M/C. Per instructions that come with the glass, you use RTV silicon to seal and install it. I used the Ultra black stuff myself. Has been holding up fine so far.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Yup, that exactly what I used te replace my sight glass when i rebuilt my M/C. Per instructions that come with the glass, you use RTV silicon to seal and install it. I used the Ultra black stuff myself. Has been holding up fine so far.
Expensive little buggers ! LOL

WilliamTech

·
Registered
856 Posts
Expensive little buggers ! LOL

WilliamTech
yeah, it is kind of expensive for that tiny piece of glass, but it's still far cheaper then paying for a whole new master cylinder.

I've put close to 5k miles on the bike this summer since I got it all put back together and the sight glass replacement is holding up great. No signs of leaking at all.

·
Banned
54 Posts
My sight glass is still like new after 14 years, because I keep a piece of foil tape over it. It's the sun that ruins them. They are plastic not glass. I had the sight glass fall apart on one bike, didn't even try to replace it. I put a piece of foil tape on the outside, filled the hole with JB Weld from inside, let it harden, removed the tape, ground it down smooth, and repainted the mastercylinder. It lasted for over 3 years, and was still holding good when I sold the bike.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
My sight glass is still like new after 14 years, because I keep a piece of foil tape over it. It's the sun that ruins them. They are plastic not glass. I had the sight glass fall apart on one bike, didn't even try to replace it. I put a piece of foil tape on the outside, filled the hole with JB Weld from inside, let it harden, removed the tape, ground it down smooth, and repainted the mastercylinder. It lasted for over 3 years, and was still holding good when I sold the bike.
that's what I did also, two years ago...all is good.

WilliamTech
:smiley_th

1 - 8 of 8 Posts