Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, surely i'm not the only member outside Canada and the USA? Anyone else out there?:smiley_th

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
Hey Ernie !!! That info you gave me about the switch on the clutch lever
did the trick. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem Artman - glad the problem's sorted.
Ernie

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello from Mexico...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in Australia

Hi there,

I am in Australia and have just brought my bike. It has 100,000 Kms on it. It needs a little tlc .I dont think there is a lot of these bikes out here. I think they where only sold in 1986. My bike must be one of the very first as its serial number is quite low Engine Number is 584 and chassis is 3215.

Where these bikes made in the States at the time or Japan???

Thanks

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My '93 VN750 is built in the USA although most of the components are made in Japan. I am assuming the current models sold in the USA are the same as they haven't been sold here in the UK since 1995. I noticed your bike has covered 100,000Km. That's around 79,000 miles. Mine has covered 75,000 miles now & the engine is still perfect & doesn't burn any oil. I have had the bike from new & have always changed the oil & filter regularly & it seems to have paid off.
Hope you enjoy the bike - mine has given me over 12 years of great riding now.:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
It is awesome to hear from you guys and gals in other countries! Ernie, I have a good friend in London that used to work here with me. He loves bikes too. I think he gets round London on a Vespa now, which is kind of funny really, but apparently that's a popular mode of transportation in London. He's quite a guy and like a brother to me.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah London, especially central London during rush hour, can be a nerve-racking place to drive in. A bike (not so sure about a Vespa though??) is definitely the best way to get around. Also one of the cheapest as bikes are exempt from the London congestion charge. You may have heard of it, stupid idea that came in a few years back where you have to pay a £5 daily charge to drive into central London. It's supposed to discourage people from driving into the city so helping reduce traffic & encourage people to use public transport - but generally it doesn't! Just another way of screwing money out of people. Once you cross the line your licence plate is automatically scanned by a network of camera's & you have until the end of the day to buy a congestion charge ticket, or you can get one in advance. If you don't pay you get an automatic fine. Definitely a case of big brother watching over us!:eek:

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Actually, it's not a bad idea if it gets rid of all these trucks! We should have a congestion charge for SUV's. Well, exempt for car pooling. I never see more than one person in a cage going to work. In theory, it sounds OK.

And what about all those cameras? I've seen so much on TV about criminals being caught by those cameras, but it scares the bejeezus out of me knowing that everytime I pick my nose I'm being watched. I remember a scifi movie about a parallel earth on the other side of the sun, except they had cameras everywhere making sure you did exactly as you were told. Yikes!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yeah, must admit most cars/SUV's around here seem to have only one occupant around rush hour. A few towns & cities have reduced tolls on certain bridges & some roads if people carpool.
Speed cameras are getting ever more common all over the UK, you can buy detectors for cars & bikes but they're not always reliable. Best course of action is to keep your eyes peeled for the dreaded things. Worst ones are the mobile units they set up at the side of the road disguised as vans. They have cameras hidden in the back of them. The first thing you know when you've been caught is when you get the automatic fine through the post. If you dispute it, they send you the photographs! I can tell you that from my own experience.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I've often wondered why (atleast here in Pennsylvania) tolls aren't cheaper for bikes. I gotta pay the same as any 4 wheeler does. :mad:
Yet another place they get ya when trying to conserve fuel !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts