Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a brand new, never used before stator. I had to order two of them because I wasn't sure if one would show up at all. It's a Ricks stator for the newer half of the vulcan models (up until 2006). I have not tested it but it's in the original Rick's packaging and everything, I just opened it to check on it after it got shipped here.

I thought I'd offer it up on here and see if anyone needed one instead of sending it back to the store

Hit me up with an offer via PM's if interested.

For clarification, I'm not looking at making money on this item, I'm posting it to hopefully provide a convenience to another rider who has to go through the same gauntlet I had to replace the stator. Just offer something you think is fair.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
bump... someone will need it but knowing how cheap we are around here always looking for a discount you're probably better off just returning it

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Not to sound bad but Ricks started having the Chinese build his stator about 5 years ago. They don't hold up very well at all. They never refunded my money or sent the replacement for the one that I only got 400 miles out of before the wiring fried. Send it back in the sealed package. Most all here will have their stators rebuilt by TPE.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got until august 31st to return it. I spent 3 weeks trying to get a stator from tim and so with everyone having a failed stator on the forum (it seams) I thought I'd offer it. I'm not looking to make any money on it, just send me an offer one thinks is reasonable and I'll see about shipping it out asap.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Admins can close thread,

I decided to send it back because this forum has made me suspicious of the product now and I don't want to give crap to someone, even trying to help 'em out for 50$ or something.

Thanks for the input and feedback guys!

·
Registered
14 Posts
you do understand most of these people knocking products have never had any experience with them. sad but i guess it makes them feel important.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Not to sound bad but Ricks started having the Chinese build his stator about 5 years ago. They don't hold up very well at all. They never refunded my money or sent the replacement for the one that I only got 400 miles out of before the wiring fried. Send it back in the sealed package. Most all here will have their stators rebuilt by TPE.
I put in a Rick's stator last summer. The stator works great, 13.4 volts at idle and 14.2 volts over 3000 rpms. I have over 6000 miles on it now. I had problems ordering from TPE and got a Rick's in 2 days.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
you do understand most of these people knocking products have never had any experience with them. sad but i guess it makes them feel important.
I knock it beccasue before I went with TPE i had put in Two stators myself, and the PO had gone with 4... all in the matter of 6 months.... I put in 2 Ricks Stators, and the PO used 2 Ricks and 2 Electrosport. I put a TPE in to the bike in 2009, and haven't touched it since.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
And I suppose with 8 post to your credit you can speak with knowledge on this subject. 45 years with bikes, yah, I'm far behind in this field. You do understand I don't think you should feel important on this subject.:boxing:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I put in a Rick's stator last summer. The stator works great............/QUOTE]

Maybe with all the returns and complaints maybe they have taken a different route of building now. Good to hear someone getting a good one from them.:motorcycle

TPE does more than just building internet sales stators. He builds for several other sales companies but also has maintenance contracts with industries on generators and electric motors, rental equipment sales, motorcycle dealers. He's not seating on his hands cause he has nothing else to do. We are just a drop in the bucket. BUT his are made in AMERICA and not China.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts