Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I finally got my bike out of the shop (220 for a new stator installed because they took 3 months) and now I kinda wanna ride my bike everywhere. So has anyone came up with a way to transport a long rifle on a VN-750? I am trying to come up with an inspiration from old 4-wheeler racks to no avail so I figured I would ask.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
so you want to mount the rifle on the handlebars? i used to carry my Remington 870 express shot gun with 28" barrel on the handle bars of my Honda Trail 90... I used a set of ATV rifle mounts... If I were to do this on the vn750, I wold take a saddle scabbard and attach it parallel to the rear shocks

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I tie mine to the rear rack. Just remember, no lane splitting!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
if you ear shave you might beable to mount such a thing!
why would you have to do an ear shave.. watch the first terminator, Arnold pulls out a lever action sawed off shut gun from a side scabbard.

Mounted behind the driver

Mounted to the front forks

This one is $107 plus s&H Just click the pic to go to the websight.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I was thinking that where the Ears where would be a good place to strap a gun sleve in.. so that its right there in front of you when you need it.

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
slim - I could sure use the setup on that "Vietnam Tribute" bike here in Phoenix to deal with some of the many rush hour idgits! Lol. I can't count how many times I've wished I had a rocket launcher on my ride... and with the M60 too? Well, that's just sweeeet!

AZ Kev

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do yall think the rear rack could support this kind of mount (link below). I am working on a set mounts that bolt up on the back rest supports (the two bolts right above the shocks) but they are not super secure either

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Technically, I believe the rear rack is supposed to only carry 5 lbs.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
do yall think the rear rack could support this kind of mount (link below). I am working on a set mounts that bolt up on the back rest supports (the two bolts right above the shocks) but they are not super secure either
link below? what link?

Technically, I believe the rear rack is supposed to only carry 5 lbs.

believe me, the rear rack will hold a LOT more than 5lbs!

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts