Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Anyone know where I can pick up inexpensive luggage?

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  slimvulcanrider 
#1 ·
I'd like to get locking waterproof saddlebags and a forkbag, preferably locking. I looked on eBay and, from what I saw, didn't see much. If it's going to be a couple hundred for saddle bags, I'd at least like to get a little pouch for the back of the passenger backrest and a forkbag. Does anyone know where I can get something that fits that's relatively inexpensive?

#2 ·
#3 ·
I got my locking bags and trunk from Viking Bags. They fit our bike nicely and are well made. My bike and install are featured on their vn750 Page for the slanted bag. Check my recent profile pages for pix.

#5 ·
Hey Wolfie, did u ever put those "Butt Ugly Bags" on your bike ? Still have them ?

:smiley_th

#6 ·
Viking Bags and LeatherUp.com are two places to start if you are looking for new. There are several threads discussing specific bags, pricing, fit, etc if you go to the search option.

#7 ·
I have the Viking (shock cutout) bags and kinda like them, they are fairly cheap, but I don't know about the locking, they do but I'm not sure how secure... They did hold up pretty good in my slide...lol...

Corner of Right Saddlebag...

Have a good one...Old Dog...

#8 ·
Hey Wolfie, did u ever put those "Butt Ugly Bags" on your bike ? Still have them ?
Mikey Angell got em...was a partial payment for him delivering my motor....which Im gonna be needing soon, methinks....

#11 · (Edited)
They look like the bags I purchased. You get what you pay for.
Personally, I would rather have 'em a bit larger (for appearance on the bike sake).
They mount ok on our 750's but the brackets are not hd enough for a solid/stable mount. I have added two zip ties on each bag for stability (to upper shock mount & grab rail).
The red tail lights are not DOT..... a Side Marker Light type bulb....thus are only aux lights.

hope this helps

#10 ·
I was actually gonna buy those, then I bought too much vintage stuff, lol....those are Mutazus basically....wiring is easy if you can splice and solder....the mounts are pretty much universal and aint the best....once mounted, remove the bags and get the mounting pueces welded together as a unit....

I dint think those lights are DOT approved either, if ya care....if ya do, you can use em as aux lights, and relocate the stock ones.

#14 · (Edited)
"Aux" lights = extra tail lights.
DOT requires Stop, Turn & Tail lights at a specified brightness.
The lights in these bags do not meet legal requirements, for ANY exterior light except "Marker Light" (marker light Intensity).
So, extra tail lights become "Auxiliary Lights".....
..."Auxiliary Lights" do not meet/match legal DOT requirements for any light displayed.

#15 ·
Im still lookin for a pair of FLH bags...was ONE at StrangeDays, pretty cheap too, but Id go crazy lookin at it sittin in the garage for who knows how long until I found the match, lol...

#16 ·
If I hadn't picked up a pair of bags from shark, I'd be tempted to use a pair of 50cal ammo cans. You can usually pick em up for around $15. Yes they'd be small, but it'd make people look twice.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#17 ·
Do they need to be wired? ... I'm assuming the brake and turn lights from the rear of the bike will still remain visible with these saddle bags on. Which reminds me: the little rubber flex piece that the turn signal is mounted to on the rear of my bike is cracking and just kind of dangling there. I feel like the brunt of the weight is more on the wiring leading to the turn signal. Anyone have any suggestions? I was just going to get a black zip tie and try and give it some support...

#18 ·
Any stiff tubing will work....SlimVulcanRider used a "Bic" stick pen (casing) inside the rubber....
whatever works

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.