Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to remove the entire drive shaft on my vn750 Does anyone know what is involved?

·
Registered
364 Posts
It is not difficult. Search in this forum for "spline." Lots of info on how to do it.

Reactions: DeCarlo

·
Registered
364 Posts
Like your last name BTW - lead singer for Boston, they found him on YouTube to replace Brad Delp.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Thanks,I was hoping it didn't involve removing the swingarm
It does, unless you want to pull the engine. The driveshaft will only come out the front of the swingarm tube.

Maybe removing the bevel gear will give enough room, I'll have to see what the manual says.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does, unless you want to pull the engine. The driveshaft will only come out the front of the swingarm tube.

Maybe removing the bevel gear will give enough room, I'll have to see what the manual says.
Thanks that's what I thought, Have to remove the entire swing arm,Not going to even try to pull the motor

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Thanks that's what I thought, Have to remove the entire swing arm,Not going to even try to pull the motor
The manual says:
Remove the front bevel gear case.

Pull out the propeller shaft forward.

If the coil spring in the propeller shaft joint slides out and remains in the swingarm, retrieve the spring with a magnet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The manual says:
Remove the front bevel gear case.

Pull out the propeller shaft forward.

If the coil spring in the propeller shaft joint slides out and remains in the swingarm, retrieve the spring with a magnet.
Been a good day now thanks spockster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts