Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to change my rectangle Master cylinder to a round one. I bought one from a 1500 that has the adjustable lever but my brother-in-law thinks that the pressure will be different from my stock 750. Does anyone know if they are different or know where I could find this info?

·
Registered
115 Posts
SlaterVN750 said:
I was wanting to change my rectangle Master cylinder to a round one. I bought one from a 1500 that has the adjustable lever but my brother-in-law thinks that the pressure will be different from my stock 750. Does anyone know if they are different or know where I could find this info?
I don't think it's going to make any difference. The hydraulic pressure to the caliper is dependent on how much pressure is applied to the master cylinder by the brake lever. If it mounts, go for it, it'll work. This statement is based on the many cross installation of master cyl that I had my techs do because the original was out of stock and the customer needed his car asap. A Lincoln master cyl will fit and work on a Grand Marquis, minor adjustments to the brake lines and push rod were required, but once properly installed it performed as it was supposed to.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Not sure about the pressure BUT..
I thought 1500's ran 1" handlebars while the 750's run 7/8"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured that the cylinders would be the same but wasn't sure. It is for a 1" handlebar so if I decide to use it, I'll have to shim it or some do some other modification. Thank you for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts