Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it keep the wind off you gloves in the cold (by cold I mean 20F to 40 F)? I use hippo hands when I have to ride in the cold now, but I hear from a friend that if your fairing keeps the wind off your gloves its good too. Any truth to that, & experience with the fairing I'm looking at (slipstreamer turbo s-05)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
nevermind

I found the application charts for slipstreamer and national cycle. The only fairings with hand protection that fit the vn750 according to the charts are plexifairing 3, plexistar2, s-00 and s-02.These are the most expensive ones costing between $140 and $210 depending on which one you pick, and whether you go with the cheapest vendor or a more well known vendor.Darn, that turbo was $100 shipped:BLAM:

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I'll add that with most users, the hand protection isn't worth a whole lot with the PF3. Because the PF3 (which I have and love) is built to fit a few different bikes, it offers SOME hand protection - but not much due to our "mini-apehangers".

I recently picked up a cheap version of hippo hands and with those my hands stay warmer than before...

All that to say - even with the PF3, if ya ride in ungodly cold weather, you still want some additional wind protection for your hands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts