Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on eBay sold a tank, 2 fenders, and 2 side covers, all painted gold color off an '86.

Anyone here snag 'em?

Jon

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man that's awesome! makes me want to pull mine and have them painted. Not gold particularly, but something new. Thanks!
I am going to pull mine and go with perhaps something close to a candy apple red. Tank has a dent I need to remove, the fenders have a couple of scrapes on them, but nothing a little filler and some sanding wouldn't fix.

If my wife wouldn't kill me, I would buy your KZ1000 in a heartbeat. Nice bike.

Jon

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I was sure eyeing those baby's for the past week, (I would have begged Knifemaker to drive over and pick them up for me) but alas, was out of the house at the end of the auction. If they actually get sold for $177.50 plus the shipping charge, that was quite a steal!

Stevie D.
Chicago

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was sure eyeing those baby's for the past week, (I would have begged Knifemaker to drive over and pick them up for me) but alas, was out of the house at the end of the auction. If they actually get sold for $177.50 plus the shipping charge, that was quite a steal!

Stevie D.
Chicago
I agree, if you liked the color, absolute steal at that price.

Jon

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Daaaayammm!
Even with the $75 shipping they cost less then what it took for just my saddlebags!
If I woulda known..
But the I'd have to get the fairing and bags and sidecar repainted to match..
But.. Daaayammmm!

Woulda went good with my red hair! *G*

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
The paint job looked nice, but the inside of the tank looked pretty beat. Not taht that can't be cleaned out, but it made me wonder a little about 'em. And some of the close-ups of the side covers looked a little slack, like some detailing around the edges had been missed. Someone here just got a tank off of eBay for $41 - if memory serves me (which is always up for grabs), that one had a few surface scratches but the tank itself was impeccable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts