HAWK
2,576 Posts
Not to bad looking.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Nice vest, but my only body part that gets cold are my fingers and I'm
working on that. Once I install my large windshield and use laytex gloves
under my thinsulate gloves my fingers shouldn't freeze up.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
thinsulate? It's good to know that someone else wears gloves with this stuff. Most fantastic material I've ever had. Prevents your hands from getting burned from the windchill (chill?) in the 100+ degree heat. And, my hands haven't gotten cold yet this season. What I have were actually meant for hunting, 'cause WalMart didn't sell motorcycle stuff then.

Yeah, I don't have any trouble with my body getting cold, so why would somebody need a vest? The only trouble I have is my legs and the air that seems to always go up my sleeves.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the reason you heat your core vs ur extremities is simple....as you get cold, ur vesels contract. this keeps blood in ur core...like a thermostat on a radiator. when your core gets hot, then the vesels relax letting more blood flow to the hands and feet. Its a trick used by hikers to reduce the amount of weight that is carried b/c a full thermo suit can get heavy with batteries.

but as i said what interests me is the material they used... i want it. 6 hours on med off a 3 amp poly-ion battery which is said to be plenty? on high, it hits 122 F and runs for 4 hours. The equivialent in regular heating technology would only get 2-3 hours on normal.... maybe 1 on high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts