Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just checked voltage and its 14v or better thanks to tpe and shindigen but for some reason my headlight still dims when i hit the brake and the blinker makes the headlight pulsate

also my cooling fan seems to be spinning slow

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Mine was kinda acting like that shortly before the blinker relay died.but it was worse with the left blinker.the left blinker was effecting the whole electrical system.the motor would cut out when the blinker came on.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
How are your grounds?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Clean all your grounds, especially the headlight ground.
:smiley_th

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
That happened to me too. A new battery took care of the situation.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will go thru the grounds again but i am fairly certain that they are all good and my battery is a magna power extreme from advanced thats about four months old

·
4,508 Posts
i will go thru the grounds again but i am fairly certain that they are all good and my battery is a magna power extreme from advanced thats about four months old
....if so, I would suggest ensure your JB ground....or possibly an JB internal ground.
Slim or someone more JB knowledgeable needs to comment on this....
hope this helps

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
JB ground is internal to the box....no way that heavy copper lines in that thing are faulty.....just sayin!

It could very well be a corroded connection to the JB or any other ground.
I say pull the tail fuse and see if it gets better...try to narrow it down if you can.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have aftermarket turn and tail lights running 1157 bulbs but the other day i disconnected the tail light portion of it just to see if i was drawing too much voltage but it didnt help any

when my fan comes on the voltage drops a good 1.5 volts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fixn to go thru the grounds and see what happens

also my bike after just replacing the thermostat and flushing the system is still overheating its not leaking anywhere but even if i wire the fan direct and have the fan on for the whole ride it still gets over the half by the time i get to work 23 miles down the road

i did bleed the heads when refilling with the little screws and had good flow thru the wholes there

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK just checked all the grounds and they were clean and still had Di-electric grease on them

checked voltage at the fan connector and it was almost a full volt lower than at the battery so i wired in a relay much the same as with the ignition coil mod only difference is i have a toggle switch that engages the relay

now for a test ride to see if the lights dim or flicker and to see if the fan will actually cool the bike

wish me luck

·
4,508 Posts
OK just checked all the grounds and they were clean and still had Di-electric grease on them

checked voltage at the fan connector and it was almost a full volt lower than at the battery so i wired in a relay much the same as with the ignition coil mod only difference is i have a toggle switch that engages the relay

now for a test ride to see if the lights dim or flicker and to see if the fan will actually cool the bike

wish me luck
Good Luck
Smart added relay option. Should completely eliminate the JB or prove otherwise.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Kinda sounds like the problem I had with my fan. It wouldn't kick on at all and had 10.4v at the the fan switch. The spade that connects at the junction box was loose on the terminal, pinched it with pliers so it fit tight and it's been good ever since.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the fan spins at full speed again but its still running hot and I still have the same issue with the lights dimming when I hit the brake and pulsing when I hit the blinker

1 - 15 of 15 Posts