Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im currently looking in hyperchargers for my 02 vn750 has anyone looked into them or does anyone have them on thier bike?, i was wondering if you only had to buy 1? and there is some kinda pipe routing that routes one intake to the other for 1 single HC?, or do we hafta buy 2?, also i was thinkin of trying to make my own out of stainless steel 16guage sheetmetal, my brother has a metal shop with tons of extra sheetmetal laying around, couldnt hurt to try?, if im not mistaken its pretty much like a form of "RAMAIR" like on the pontiac trans am's, ive heard some people say there is some sort of a turbing/propeller inside, but i cant see how that could be any kind of "forced induction" whatso ever, the "turbine" will only spin as fast as the air can get inside of the charger itself so actually with a turbine restricting airflow directly into the intake, so if there is no sort of turbine then this little project couldnt be easier, pretty much cut and bend and weld up pieces to fit to the intake inlet, and just have an opening in front for air to be pushed in by how fast your going on your bike, and just get some really really highflow airfilters that barelly restrict any air whatsoever, couldnt be that hard, i may take a crack at this , this weekend, ill take some pics if i have a prototype or a finished project, and keep tabs on any power differences , bogging, jetting , or anything, tell me your thoughts on this ..

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think your biggest challenge will be getting enough fuel through the carbs. Check some of the references about ear shaves, our intake restrictions seem to be the only thing keeping these bikes rich enough to run right.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Has anyone tried to put on one bigger carb instead of 2? The big Harleys do it why can't we. They don't have a problem getting enough fuel.
I have never had my Carbs off so not sure, there would have to be a new intake manifold made. Just a thought.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Ccspinner said:
Has anyone tried to put on one bigger carb instead of 2? The big Harleys do it why can't we. They don't have a problem getting enough fuel.
I have never had my Carbs off so not sure, there would have to be a new intake manifold made. Just a thought.
If your going to do that might as well rig up a FI set up. with better fuel atomazation you would get more power and better fuel milege, plus you can change your fuel curves on the fly. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are going to do all that, The gains will not out weigh the headaches. Sell the 750 and get a bike that has fuel injection from the factory. You can fiddle or you can ride ,the choice is yours, I choose riding over fiddling any day. My bike has two carbs and runs great. I'm not a geat fan of changing what engineers have thought out before. Carbs are always going to be a compromise. If you get it to run well in a large variety of conditons without fooling with it all the time ,that's all you can expect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts