Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That they are willing to sell? One terminal broke off of my when removing the red wire.

Jon

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
That answers my question from the PM I just sent ya - man. Sorry to hear about that. These project bikes are...um...a piece of work, aren't they? ;)

Charlie [Easy Rector], are you out there?!??! We need some zen, buddy!!

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cindy -

Thanks, already watching that one!

Here's one for you 330067911750.

Jon

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Thanks! I was thinking I needed this one (#330067912501), but may hold off just a bit. Perhaps a good machinist could take care of the bolt?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I was thinking I needed this one (#330067912501), but may hold off just a bit. Perhaps a good machinist could take care of the bolt?
Cindy -

It may cost you as much for the machinist as replacing the cylinder head.

Jon

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think we have repaired mine.

Brought it to work, one of the techs and I had a look. Dug out some of the casing material to get down to what was left of the contact. Tinned it, soldered a lead to it. Epoxyed the area for mechanical strength.

Crimped on 250 faston on, put mating faston on a short lead wire, and heat shrinked the connection. Feels pretty strong.

Will reinstall the coil tonight and butt splice the end of the leadwire to factory harness.

Probably look for a deal on a used one to have in case this one has an issue.

Jon

·
Stranger Than Fiction
151 Posts
Thanks, I dropped 'em an email request and will see what they say. Doggonit. :( The reed valve cover on the front cyl is held on just as tenuously (or tenanciously, depending), but I'm gonna try to torch the cover before torqueing those bolts. <sigh>

You may be better off giving them a call. They are pretty busy on the phone all day. Pretty impressive little place. I don't live too far from them....Great guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts