Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, guys and gals. Just wondering if anyone here is from any of NYC's lovely 5 boroughs or somewhere around it.

I'm in Queens, myself. :BLAM:

If you're in the area, then SPEAK UP!! :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Went to 5 - 9th grades in Forest Hills, but that was a very, very, very long time ago.

But I did frequent the area for many years.

Best pizza in the world is on Austin Street, at least it was.

Jon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best pizza in the world is on Austin Street, at least it was.

Jon
There's a pizza place right off Austin, on Ascan Ave, called "Nick's". If you're talking about that pizzeria, than you sir are RIGHT!! They have the best freakin' pizza there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Suffolk County

I'm out east on the island :motorcycl

·
Registered
14 Posts
Work in Manhattan, live on Long Island, take the bike in every once in a while.

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Queens, born and raised.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Hey Johnotto,
South shore of LI around the 5 town, not far from Queens at all. Ride with a bunch almost every Sunday morning. Very often to Oak Beach. That's almost at the Robt Moses Bridge. Beautiful ride out on great roads with a bunch of guys who just love riding. Usually leave around 8 to 9 AM and back by noon to 1. If you're interested send me an email and I'll tell you where to meet me or us.

Gemguy

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I live in NE Flushing (about 2 blocks from Holy Cross HS near Francis Lewis and 26th Ave.), and got a VN750 about a week ago. It's my first motorcycle after 3-1/2 years of riding scooters (Vespa GT and a Piaggio BV500).

Just did my first commute into Manhattan on it today. What a thrill! Though I think I'll split time with it and the BV500 for commuting, especially in the late fall and warmer winter days (the BV has EFI and heated grips).

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Hi Robardin, good luck on your 750, it's a great bike and I love mine. I also started with scooters and realized that they are dangerous because of the small wheels. Not enough rubber on the road.

What is a BV500? Not familiar with that. I am about 15 minutes east of JFK airport, on the south shore of Long Island, and ride with guys most with Harleys, on Sunday mornings usually out Ocean Parkway past Jones Beach. If you want to really enjoy your Vulcan, come along and play. Many times the fellow who bought my first real bike which was a EN500 Vulcan comes with us although he has now graduated up to the Vulcan 800.

Let me know. Ride safe
Fred

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Hi Robardin, good luck on your 750, it's a great bike and I love mine. I also started with scooters and realized that they are dangerous because of the small wheels. Not enough rubber on the road.

What is a BV500? Not familiar with that.
Ha ha, well, it's a scooter that's less dangerous because of the larger wheels, more rubber on the road :)

Link to manufacturer's web page: http://www.piaggiousa.com/pScooters/BV500.cfm

Summary: It's 416 lbs. dry with 110/70-16 wheels in front, 150/70-14 wheels in back, 460cc engine with 39hp, EFI, belt final drive, triple disc (and linked) brakes and a clutchless CVT transmission. And storage under the seat and in a glove box. The seat height's taller than on the VN750 by about 2 inches. It's completely stable at speeds up to 75MPH on the highway, which I think is as fast as I'd ever want to go on two wheels out there on the Expressways and Parkways...

It really is perfect for commuting. I've added a windshield and heated grips, and ride it all year round unless there is ice/snow on the ground, or it's pouring rain. I can keep emergency rain gear in the top case and under the seat, and still carry 4-6 bags of groceries.

As you can tell, I intend on keeping it. The VN750 I think will be more of a perfect-day rider where I won't be doing any after-work shopping (like today). And of course, when I feel like I need to rev an engine and flip through some gears (the CVT's convenient, but kinda boring)!

I've got a family with 3 small kids so my weekends are pretty much booked, but some day I hope to go on a nice long ride :)

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
For a minute there I thought you had the 3 wheeler. It's kind of a cool machine. The larger wheels on yours are a good thing.

BTW joining this site is the best thing you could do when owning a VN750. Information and advise here is first class. Over time you will have much more pleasure of owning this bike because what ever you need to know about it can be found from some of the members here.

Good luck. My 3 kids are all grown up so I have a little time for me on the weekends. Ride safe. Fred

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Bay Ridge, Brooklyn raised, most of my family is still there. Spent 4 years in the Bronx at Fordham Univ. Currently living in Wayne, NJ. I spend a lot of time in and around the city. (Born in Halifax, Nova Scotia though)

·
Registered
42 Posts
South shore of long island, in western nassau here. I've never been on a group ride to oak beach, but I have gone by myself, it is a great ride.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
heya...

Born in Jamaica, early years in Queens (Richmond Hill), then fam moved to Rockland, and now been in southern Orange for 30 yrs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts