Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my new tires should arrive today:smiley_th and since they are im going to lube the splines and clean and paint the wheels soo
i was wondering if anyone will be around or avail be it internet or by phone in case i run into problems or questions?

not sure what is easier facebook or yahoo chat or what but just kinda wanted some "backup" lol

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well spline lube done without complication, thanks to the wonderful write up on here
also slines looked as if it had just been done not too long ago nice and solid and lubed well good o ring, but i did it again
also changed out the final drive oil ,it also looked great w no shaveings at all
changed the engine oil and filter and pulled out all the cali crap used rubber caps an the reed valves

had the new kenda kruz tires put on and the i put it all back together and spent the next 8 hrs on her riding all over
feels great havng new tires on it and not dry rotted tires that were 10 years old (per date code)!!!

now if i could just get that blubering (yes thats a technical term in my garage) out of the front cylinder? it just doesnt idle right like the rear cylinder does but down the road shes fine so ?

anyway i wish some of you vn750 vetrans and bike gods on here lived closer to me to help me along and to ride with

ph btw when i was at the bike shop i come across a old friend who has a 86vn750 that they cant get to start and she is selling it for $350!!!
im so going the the bank on monday lol

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only happens at idle that i know of but i cant tell running down the road
sounds like its partialy choked on the front cylinder only as the rear cyl sounds fine
warm or cold dont matter

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Sounds like a plugged pilot jet. Your carbs are running on the pilot only up to about 3000 rpm.

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe some seafoam for a few tanks?? i am going to single filter air shave over the winter and will rejet then

1 - 8 of 8 Posts