Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello about 9 months ago I won a Corbin dual tour seat off E-Bay and installed it. I love the support and the more stable it makes me feel on the bike. Does anyone else own this seat? What do you think of it? Thank you.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Almost everyone here who has reported on aftermarket seats, be they Corbin, Mustang, Saddleman`s or whatever, find the firmer seat more comfortable than the Kouchasaki seat for anything longer than 30 minutes in the saddle. I know I get numb bum/monkey butt after only 30-40 minutes of riding on Ma Kawi`s OEM seat.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I had one on my 750 and Nomad.
The problem with them is that they rub the tank and wear off the paint.
I sold the 750 with it but had a bug problem with the Nomad.
When I repainted the bike I did not want it to rub so I contacted Corbin and they charged me to rework the seat. Didn't work still hit the tank, I went around with them for months and finally sold the seat.
It was comfortable but the Cust service was horable!
I will never buy a Corbin again!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Hawk, would a clear piece of self adhesive plastic like MACTAC protect the tank from rubbing on the seat?

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
I never noticed a problem with the seat rubbing the tank. It did have a "suade" panel there that I thought would just pick up dirt and do exactly what you decribed. But I installed a fairly wide home made tank bib before the any damage was done.

Alot depends on how you sit on the bike , as the seat when I first put it on did not even touch the tank. But afer seveal hundred miles with a passenger, it did seem to stretch out and make contact.

The stock seat by the way will do the same thing over time. Your best bet other than the tank bib is to use a thin sheet of clear plastic like you put over touch screen electronics. They use no adhesives, and can be removed without damaging your paint. Sport bike riders use them on the sides of the tank so their knees won't wear off the paint.

KM

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Hawk, would a clear piece of self adhesive plastic like MACTAC protect the tank from rubbing on the seat?
I actually got a piece of Black Vinal from a sigh shop and cut it to fit so with the seat on you could not see it.
Worked fine as my tank was Black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts